QVC host David Venable shares three of his easy holiday ham recipes for leftovers. What are you making this holiday? Visit AndersonCooper.com/QVC or QVC.com for more information.
Ham & Apple Monte Cristo Sandwiches
8 oz ham, sliced
8 slices sourdough bread
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
4 oz Swiss Cheese, sliced
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter
Powdered sugar (optional garnish)
1. Divide the ham slices equally among four slices of bread. Place the apple slices and Swiss cheese on top of the ham and cover with the
other four slices.
2. Combine the eggs, milk, and salt in a shallow bowl. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low
and dip both sides of each sandwich quickly in the egg mixture; place in the hot skillet 1 or 2 at a time.
3. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until the cheese is melted and the tops are nicely browned. Top each sandwich with powdered sugar, if desired..
Cheddar Ham Cups
Makes 32 cups
Vegetable oil spray
2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar
1/2 cup thinly sliced, finely chopped smoked ham
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
4 to 5 bacon slices, cooked and finely crumbled
2 to 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 16.3 ounce tube (8 biscuits) Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin pan with the vegetable oil spray, even if using a nonstick pan.
2. Toss together the cheddar, ham, mayonnaise, onion, bacon, mustard and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Gently separate the individual biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters. Roll each biscuit quarter into a 1-inch ball and press the
dough into the bottom and up the sides of the muffin cups. Fill each cup with 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese-ham mixture. Take care not to overfill
them. Sprinkle a grind of pepper on top of each one.
4. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve warm..
Ham & Egg Breakfast Wraps
Makes 4 Servings
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons chopped onion
3 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
5 large eggs
3/4 pound ham, diced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
4 10-inch tortillas, warmed
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated cheddar
1. Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, and bell pepper and saute until the vegetables are
starting to soften, 2 or 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. While the vegetables are cooking, beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in the diced ham. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are softly set, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with the chopped dill.
3. Spoon one quarter of the egg mixture down the center of each warm tortilla. Top with the cheddar. Fold in the short sides of each tortilla and roll it up as you would a burrito. Serve, passing the salsa (if using) on the side.
Visit AndersonCooper.com10 Tips for Hosting a Budget-Friendly Holiday Party
Chef Rocco Shares Holiday Recipes
What is Anderson Reading This Holiday Season?
11 Money-Saving Tips for All Your Early Holiday Shopping
Misfit Gadgets on 'Anderson Live'