Because Jayme Rodemeyer put on a happy face and insisted that things were going well at school, even his questioning parents didn't realize he was being bullied.
If you're concerned that your child is being bullied, watch out for these telltale signs from Bullying Expert Dr. Dorothy Espelage.
- Withdrawal from normal activities that your child used to do and enjoy, such as family events and extracurricular activities.
- Changes in your child's sleep and eating habits.
- Extreme irritability or an increasingly agitated temperament.
- Not wanting to go to school, sometimes to the point of tearful resistance.
- A decrease in school grades
For even more tips and advice, tune in to today's show.
Watch a show clip of Bullying Expert Dr. Dorothy Espelage telling Anderson about these tips.
MORE FROM ANDERSON