CasaSugarSource: 13 Snazzy Gifts For a Hipster Haven
For all the cynics out there, there's something to be said for hipster style: it's practical, fun, and often quite stylish. The hipster home is no different, what with lots of details, colorful prints, and, yes, a mustache or two. Shop these snazzy gifts this holiday season for the fixie-bike-riding, plaid-wearing friend in your life.
- Animal Hooks : These paper-mache animal hooks ($48) are great alternatives if your friend lives a small apartment and doesn't have space for larger animal wall mounts or sculptures. Plus, they're ideal for storing a hipster staple: scarves.
- Owl Mugs : All of that freshly roasted coffee will look great in these folksy hand-painted owl mugs ($14).
- Red Brick Wallpaper : Not everyone's fortunate enough to have a place with cool red brick walls, but luckily there's wallpaper ($60) to mimic the look.
- Graphic Mustache Pillow : When you find a pillow with a mustache graphic print ($25), you don't have to look any further for a true hipster gift.
- Williamsburg Vases: A hipster and a hipsterette, these Jonathan Adler vases ($38) are described as an homage to Willamsburg, one of the hippest neighborhoods in the country. With that sort of tag line, how could you not snatch them up?
- Wire Photo Clip: This Birds on a Wire photo clip set ($10) screams hipster - even more so if they're accompanied by black-and-white photos.
More from CasaSugar: 2012 Holiday Gift Guides: Perfect Presents For Everyone on Your List!
- Blackboard Wall : While chalk walls are all the rage among hipsters these days, you can gift a smaller (but just as fun) version with these blackboard wall stickers ($8) that function as a decal.
- Bicycle Match Book : When fixie bikes and matches ($4) unite, you know it's a, err, match made in hipster heaven.
- Plaid Linen Tray : Navy, linen, and plaid? We totally see this patterned tray ($28) as a cool new way to serve up some PBRs.
- Terrarium : Not everyone can have their own indoor greenhouse, but a terrarium ($69-$89) is the next best thing.
- Indoor Lights : One clue that you're in a hipster home? Indoor string lights ($10). The metallic color and thin cords make these acceptable all year long, but it also helps that they're perfect for the holiday season.
- Retro Arrow Shelf : When it comes to retro decor, nearly anything goes in a hipster home, but this arrow shelf ($189) is both stylish and practical.
- iPhone Gramophone: Old school meets new school in this unique iPhone Gramophone ($249). Give the gift of amplified music and style thanks to the sleek iconic speakerphone.
Gift Guide: Stylish Home Accents For the Artist
Luxe Bathroom Picks For the Spa Lover
Gift Guide: Classics With a Twist For the Neotraditionalist
Follow CasaSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of CasaSugar on Facebook