Father's day is fast approaching. This year, don't make dad settle for another grilling apron. Here are the five best kitchen gifts for Father's Day- sure to delight even the fussiest dads.
1. A Great Grill If you're really in the mood to splurge on dad this year, consider getting him a brand new grill. Our favorites include the Weber Genesis ($849) or Kenmore 4-Burner #16135 ($389). If your father loves cooking with charcoal, take a look at the MasterForge with JetLight ($159 at Lowes).
Weber Grill for Dad
2. Cookbooks on his Favorite Subjects Weber's Smoke by Jamie Purviance does a beautiful job of illustrating the art of cooking with smoke, whether he uses a smoker or a traditional gas or charcoal grill. To help dad butcher like a pro, give him The Art of Beef Cutting by Kari Underly, an excellent resource for cutting meat.
Related: Grilling Tool Guide
3. Beautiful Cutting Board Once your pop's finished cooking all that meat, give him a place to cut it. The StandBy Board from Schmidt Brothers ($70 at West Elm) has magnets built in to hold his favorite knife in place, eliminating the risk that it will fall off the board.
4. Snazzy Barware Being a dad isn't all about meat and grilling. Great barware will help him unwind in style. The Cheers 3 Piece Martini Set from Mikasa ($39.99 at Macy's) will make him feel like James Bond, even if it's only for the evening.Snazzy Barware
5. Terrific Travel Mug After his special day his over, he'll have to return to work on Monday. Perk up pop's commute with a top-notch travel mug like the Thermos Sipp Vacuum Tumbler ($20) or the Contigo Extreme Mug ($20). Both will resist leaking or spilling and will keep his coffee hot all the way to work.
Thermos Coffee Cup
Looking for more great gifts, check out these Father's Day Gifts under $30.
What are you planning on buying Dad for Father's Day? Let me know in the comments below!
-by Paul Hope
More from Good Housekeeping: