Football HelmetsThe big game is just one week away. Tackle your TV zone with these speed-cleaning tips and really score with your guests!
1. Clean the screen The goal is to catch every touchdown, so make sure your TV screen is clean and dust-free. Wipe a glass-tube screen with soft cloth lightly spritzed with window cleaner. Turn the cloth and buff the glass dry. Gently dust delicate LCD, plasma, or rear projection screens with a dry microfiber cloth or disposable duster, like Swiffer. Use a pre-moistened electronics wipe, like those from Good Housekeeping Seal-holder Weiman, for any stubborn spots and smudges. Dust the base, controls, and surrounding cabinet, too.
2. De-germ the remote Now's a good time to give this gadget the cleaning it probably needs. With a well-wrung, pre-moistened disinfecting or electronics wipe, go over both sides and around the buttons. Let it air dry.Related: 10 Most Pinned Super Bowl Recipe Ideas
3. Vacuum the speakers To hear every call, clean the covers of your speakers with your vacuum's soft dusting brush or upholstery tool. If the covers are removable, go over both sides and nab any obvious dust lurking behind and around them.
4. Clear away clutter Make ample space for snacks and drinks by clearing your coffee and side tables of unnecessary clutter. Stash or toss magazines and newspapers and remove candles and any breakable figurines or frames. Put out extra coasters and tuck a few absorbent cloths into a nearby drawer so they're handy when spills happen.
Related: Super Bowl Party Menu
5. Make room for rooting If you can, consider rearranging your furniture to maximize viewing and give guests plenty of room move around and cheer without the fear of bumping into something (or someone) or knocking something over. Bring in a few pillows for floor sitters and temporarily relocate magazine racks, baskets, toys, and pet beds that consume valuable floor space.--by Carolyn Forte
More from Good Housekeeping: