Are you guilty of any of these annoying twitter habits?If you love Twitter, you probably have a friend or two whose tweets make you cringe every time they pop up in your news feed. Apparently so do researchers from Carnegie Mellon University, MIT, the Georgia Institute of Technology, and the UK's University of Southampton.
By Korin Miller
They banded together for a joint study that analyzed 43,000 ratings of tweets to find out which types were the best…and which made people's skin crawl.
According to what participants reported, 36 percent of all tweets are worth reading, 25 percent aren't, and 39 percent are just so-so.
Related: 25 Random Things You Never Want to Read About a Guy on Facebook
If you want to put out a killer tweet every time, make it informative (like, "Thongs are half-off at Victoria's Secret today!") or funny ("My eyes are up here")-both types rated well. People also said they liked it when a tweet made them stop and think for a sec.
As for ones people hated, the list is, err, long.
Here's the breakdown:
* Talking about where you are ("Happy hour at Lenny's")
* Oversharing ("Going to eat spaghetti for dinner!!!")
* Tweeting old info ("Did you hear Jessica Simpson is engaged?!")
* Complaining ("I'm SO tired")
* Using too many hashtags ("#OMG I #Can'tBelieveItYouGuys #ThisIsAmazing.")
The most hated tweet type of all: Ones that just let people know you're still alive, like "Hey, guys!"
Want to put the kibosh on annoying tweets? We say start by messaging this out to your friends…
The Worst Celebrity Fashion We've Seen On The Red Carpet
- 8 Hairstyles Men Love
- Your 2011 Get Gorgeous Guide
- The Hottest Fashion Trends To Wear Right Now
- What Guys Secretly Think About Your Hair and Makeup