SavvySugarSource: 9 Dollar Store DIY Projects to Try Out
Some DIY projects can get pricey because of the materials, but you can always keep your costs low if you stick to dollar store items! I recently spotted this cool site called Dollar Store Crafts that has plenty of great ideas for what to do with your $1 goodies. Read on to find out some of my favorite dollar store projects.
- Umbrella With Ruffles: To make the umbrella with ruffles, purchase $1 shower curtain liners from your local dollar store to make cute ruffles and sew them onto a plain umbrella you already have. Bonus points for you if you want to add a cute flowerlike detail using an old button as the center of the flower and sewing on the ruffle around it.
- T-Shirt Necklace: There's plenty of cheap t-shirts you can find at the dollar store, and if you find one in a color you love, you can consider making this flowery bib necklace out of the T.
- Japanese Lantern: Make this Japanese-style lantern out of manila folders, bamboo chopsticks or wooden skewers, and colored tissue paper, rice paper, or textured paper.
- Egg Pendant Lamp: Make an egg pendant lamp with oversized plastic eggs (courtesy of Easter) from the dollar store, battery-operated tea lights, and some string.
More from SavvySugar: 12 Items You Should Not Buy in Bulk
- Spring Table Runner: This Spring table runner was made out of dish towels from the dollar store. All the crafter did was use leftover cloth to stitch on some flowers and sewed together three dish towels to make this runner.
- Flower Brooch: Make an oversized flower brooch from The Original Shammy, a dollar store staple.
- Shabby Chic Hooks: Buy plastic hooks from the dollar store and stick faux metal embellishment tags on them. Then paint them with some acrylic paint, and you have your shabby chic hooks!
- Tiled Mirror: To get this beautiful tiled mirror, piece together nine framed mirrors from the dollar store.
- Beaded Chandelier: Get some hanging baskets from the dollar store as well as some Mardi Gras-style beads to create this lovely beaded chandelier.
9 Tricks to Maximize Your Wardrobe
Double Duty: 9 Pieces of Luggage That Can Act as Decor
5 Ideas to Make Your Ikea Furniture Look High-End
Follow SavvySugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of SavvySugar on Facebook