By DIY Diva Malia Karlinsky, GalTime.com
'You Are My World' GlobeAnyone can buy chocolate and roses for Valentine's Day... but why not try creating something handmade for the special people in your life? You can make something unique with a few supplies and a little bit of time.
You Are My World Globe
Supplies: It's easy to pick up an inexpensive globe at your favorite thrift store. Find black Krylon chalkboard spray paint and chalk ink pens at big box craft stores like Michael's. You'll also need a screwdriver and some masking tape.
1. Use screwdriver to separate the globe and the stand.
2. Since you'll be spray painting, cover the metal part of the globe with masking tape to protect it.
3. Spray paint the globe with the chalkboard paint. When spray painting, use sweeping motions about 10-12 inches from the surface, leaving plenty of drying time between coats.
4. After the paint has dried, find the "flattest" part of the globe to write on.
5. Using the chalkboard pens, write the words "You are my world" and randomly draw hearts all over.
You'll have a one-of-a-kind Valentine's gift to give and a special reminder of your feelings that your special someone will treasure.
Related: 10 Frugal Valentine's Day Gift Ideas
Sweet Heart PillowcaseSweet Heart Pillowcase
There's NO sewing required to whip up this cute pillowcase!
Supplies: You'll need a plain white pillowcase, scraps of three coordinating fabrics, Heat'n Bond (an iron on adhesive found at fabric stores), three sizes of heart cookie cutters for templates, and an iron.
1. Trace diffferent sizes of hearts on the "paper" side of the Heat'n Bond.
2. Cut the hearts out, leaving some border and iron sticky side of fabrics.
3. After the hearts cool off, use sharp scissors to cut them out of the fabric.
4. Arrange hearts on pillow case and iron them down (Follow instructions on Heat'n Bond package).
That is it... A sweet heart pillow case for your sweetie.
Thinking handmade for Valentine's day makes your creativity blossom-- and lets your Valentine know how very special they are to you.
More from GalTime:
- 9 Frugal Dating Tips for Cost-Conscious Lovebirds
- How to Migrate Your Info from Facebook to Google+
Get the BEST Price for Roses this V-Day
- Valentine Day Looks for $100 and Less!