CasaSugarSource: How to Maximize Style in a Minimally Sized Bathroom: Tips From a Pro
Jennifer Jones of Niche Interiors recently shared two bathroom remodels her firm completed in a San Francisco Victorian, and the results are truly impressive. Jennifer told us, "Both spaces were cramped, outdated, and awkward to use. The clients hoped for functional, stylish spaces that reflected a contemporary aesthetic that still fit with the period of the house."
Check out before and after pictures, as well as Jennifer's tips for adding a similar look to your powder room or bathroom when you keep reading.
- Main Bathroom, Before: The bathroom in its prereno state was cramped and plain.
- Main Bathroom, After: Jennifer notes, "The biggest challenge was figuring out how to squeeze a larger vanity and a full-size tub into a five-foot-by-five-and-a-half-foot space! We moved the tub to the back wall and brought the Carrara marble tiles all the way to the ceiling for a clean look. Black hexagon tiles were used on the floor in both bathrooms as an homage to the home's roots and to unite the spaces."
- Main Bathroom, After: Even if you're not ready to go all-out, there are other ways to create a big impact on a budget. If you're not ready for a complete remodel, Jennifer recommends swapping out outdated fixtures and lighting for modern versions for a fresh look. A new medicine cabinet, sconce, faucet, or towel bars are easy fixes.
More form CasaSugar: The Perfectly Adaptable, Space-Conserving Pedestal Sink
- Powder Room, Before: Here's a look at the prereno powder room.
- Powder Room, Before: The space was cramped and uninspired.
- Powder Room, After: Jennifer recommends, "Maximize your space with an efficient floor plan. Every inch counts in a tiny bathroom, so evaluate if your existing layout works for you. Do you bang your knee on your toilet every time you open the door? In the powder room, we tucked the toilet under the window to create a more functional (and private) space."
- Powder Room, After: Jennifer created major impact in this tiny powder room with graphic wallpaper - Manuel Canovas Trellis in Vert. You can source similar tile at a design center or tile center in your city.
Before and After: A Found Dresser Gets a Fantastic Blue Face-Lift
A Mini-Makeover Refreshes This Bedroom For Summer
Before and After: Smorgasbord's Home Spa Renovation
Follow CasaSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of CasaSugar on Facebook