The Super Bowl is this Sunday, February 2nd, giving you an excuse to host the best football party of the season! Choose the team you're rooting for, then stock up on local beer and regional snacks, sandwiches and/or sweets in their honor. We created a simple guide outlining the perfect picks for each team. Undecided fans: Looks like you have your pick of the list! Here's what's on our lineup…
SAN FRANCISCO 49ers49ers logo
Beer: Anchor Steam Beer
- This California classic from Anchor Brewing is creamy and bright with a clean, crisp finish.
Snack: Green Goddess Dip
- Serve our version of the classic Green Goddess dip, created in the 1920s at San Francisco's Palace Hotel, with pita chips or vegetables.
Sandwich: California Sandwich
- Layer sliced avocado, tomato, alfalfa sprouts, sliced Monterey Jack cheese and ranch dressing between sliced of sourdough bread, for a San Franciscan-twist on the California Sandwich.
Sweet: Solid Gold Cupcakes
- Roll homemade or store-bought vanilla-frosted cupcakes in gold sanding sugar as a nod to the miners who came searching for gold in Northern California around 1849-they're the reason why the team's called the 49ers! Find gold sanding sugar at cake-decorating stores or online from Wilton.
Ravens logoBALTIMORE RAVENS
Beer: Flying Dog Farmhouse IPA
- Flying Dog Brewery's Farmhouse IPA tastes bright and spicy, so it stands up well to hot football snacks like buffalo wings.
Related: Cleaning Tips for Super Bowl Sunday
Old Bay Seasoning Snack: Chesapeake Bay Snack Mix
- Toss 3 cups rice or corn cereal (such as Chex) with 2 cups each thin pretzel sticks, oyster crackers and unsalted roasted peanuts, ½ stick melted butter, 1 Tbsp. each Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay seasoning, lemon juice, and hot sauce to taste. Spread on rimmed baking sheet and bake at 250˚ for 1 hour, stirring, or until toasted.
Sandwich: Crab Cake Sliders
- Sandwich these make-ahead mini crab cakes and the lemon sauce on toasted slider buns, like these ones from Pepperidge Farm.
Sweet: Lady Baltimore Cake
- Serve slices of Lady Baltimore Cake during half-time. It's a butter layer cake, studded with nuts and topped with fluffy seven-minute frosting.
Who are you cheering for this weekend? I'd love to know! Leave your pick in the comments!
-By Erin Phraner
More from Good Housekeeping: