Let’s start by breaking down the different ways Jessica recommends to use tortillas. (Don't worry - all the recipes highlighted in this episode are available below).
1) As a topper (like breadcrumbs) - One way to use tortillas is by grinding them into tortilla chips. They can be used to top foods like you would with breadcrumbs. For instance, try tortilla-crusted French toast.
2) As a crust - for instance, try broccoli cheddar quiche.
3) A stand-in ingredient - many cultures have a flat bread, pancake or other version of the tortilla. In many cases, tortillas, which are easy to find, can be a stand-in for these harder-to-find ingredients. Perfect example is using tortillas in pizza instead of dough.
4) Parfaits – try out a yogurt parfait in a tortilla cup. You can also fill the cup with black bean soup or a Mexican salad.
5) Dessert – use tortillas in everything from Nutella quesadillas to Tortilla-Lime Bark.
For all the recipes mentioned in today’s episode, click here!