Use Dove Clear Tone Skin Renew Deodorant to restore the skin to its natural tone.When you're wearing a sleeveless top or a strapless dress, the last thing you want to worry about is dark underarms. Dark armpits are almost impossible to hide, but there are some things you can do to lighten the skin in this area or make those dark patches much less noticeable. Here are six beauty secrets to remedy dark underarms:
1. Change your hair removal routine. Shaving the underarm area can be tricky and it's not always easy to get a very close shave. Any fine hairs left behind or stubble will make your underarms look darker. Shaving that delicate skin under the arms can also make the area look darker over time and increase your risk of ingrown hairs -- which only make the problem worse. Your best bets for removing unwanted hair from the underarm area are either waxing or laser hair removal. Both of these hair removal methods get rid of unwanted hair from the root and reduce the risk of stubble, ingrown hairs, or small hairs being left behind.
2. Use a soothing deodorant. Using a deodorant that contains soothing and moisturizing ingredients such as calendula and sunflower seed extracts can speed up the skin cell renewal process and help to reduce those unsightly dark patches. Dove Clear Tone(TM) Skin Renew Deodorant has moisturizing properties and provides 48-hour odor and wetness protection. Using it regularly could help to restore underarm skin to its natural tone, and without causing skin irritation.
3. Apply a good moisturizer. Many people neglect the underarm area when using body butters and other moisturizers on the arms and body. Even though you perspire more in this area, you will need to keep the skin as healthy as possible to avoid hyperpigmentation and darkening of the skin over time. Some people are simply more prone to developing dark underarms than others, and keeping the skin in good health may help to prevent skin darkening.
4. Exfoliate regularly. You exfoliate your legs, arms, and back to keep the skin in these areas silky smooth, so don't forget about the underarm area as well! I like to use a body sugar body scrub coupled with a lactic acid body wash at least once per week to keep my skin super smooth. Buffing away dead skin cells with a washcloth, loofah, or a good body scrub will help the underarm area maintain an even skin tone.
5. Try a lightening mask. If you have a darker skin tone and tend to develop dark underarms, try using a lightening mask in the underarm area once a week. You can make your own skin lightening mask using ingredients like lemon juice and yogurt, or buy a lightening mask that contains skin lightening compounds such as kojic acid, azelaic acid, or hydroquinone.
6. Use Vitamin E oil. Pure Vitamin E oil capsules and coconut oil are also excellent moisturizers and may help to lighten the skin over time. Get into a routine of applying vitamin E and coconut oil on the dark areas before you go to bed.Content by Sabah Karimi.