Sometimes it can be hard to tell just what your new man is looking for. If you've just started dating, and things are going great, you can begin to collect data to determine if he is Mr. Quality Casual, or is actually at a place in his life that he wants a relationship. Learn how to recognize the seven give-away signs he wants a relationship so you can find lasting love and partnership:
1. He is truly attentive to you. A man who is ready to settle down, really listens when you talk. He comfortably makes eye contact, asks questions about your life, hopes, dreams and even is amused by the quirky story about your cat! He will also ask for your input, and make you a core part of your conversations.
2. He wants to see you all the time. Although it might not be right away, he will want to see you at minimum one or two times a week (if not more, based on your work schedules). He will call/text you at regular intervals. He wants to see you as much as it is humanly possible!
3. He calls just to say hi. In the early stages of dating, and when you are dating someone who is not looking for anything serious, he will often ONLY call you when he wants to make plans. When he wants a relationship, he might send you a funny text, call you to see how your day is going, or email you the link to that funny video he told you about on your last date.
4. He wants you to meet his friends/ you've already met his friends. For some guys this can happen 4 weeks in, for others it might be 3 months depending on what pace is normal for him. If he is serious about being in a relationship with you starting tomorrow, or later this year, he will want to show you off to his friends. Not only will they know your name, but also where you work, and possibly even your favorite garden vegetable.
5. He plans ahead. Is he telling you when he will be out of town at the end of the summer, or dropping that he really wants to get tickets to the Neil Young concert at the Hollywood Bowl in October...and it's June 15? Chances are he definitely sees you in his future.
6. He will wait to sleep with you, if that is what you want to do. In general, if a guy is simply looking for a more casual relationship, he probably won't stick around if you wait to sleep with him. If your guy is waiting until you are ready, he is most likely in it for the long haul.
7. He wants to get to know your friends. A guy who is ready to commit to you will take a genuine interest in getting to know your friends. If you are going to be a part of his future, he is going to need to make good with your girlfriends.
If your new man is showing any of the above signs he is ready to commit, you are most likely headed towards a relationship, dating with dignity style. Give yourself a pat on the back; you may have found yourself a boyfriend material man!