Frank Micelotta/Getty Images
Jay-Z has been irreplaceable to Beyonce since 2002, and slowly but surely the couple is inching their way to the altar. Sure, these rumors pop up every so often, but this time People is reporting that a marriage license was obtained in Scarsdale Village, New York and is valid for 60 days. That means the Bonnie & Clyde of hip-hop have until June 1 to wed-we can't wait! Will she wear a Tina Knowles creation? Will the first dance be to Crazy in Love?
We can't help but smile at another power couple success. So what's their secret? Keeping their private life private. Photos may be taken from time to time, but if celebs could learn to keep their mouths shut and stop being camera w----s we'd place money on their relationships lasting much longer. Beyonce Knowles is 26, right around the same age as Britney and Paris, and surely she carries herself with a certain sense of class, but more importantly she knows there are things that aren't meant to be discussed, or shown to the press. [People]
Here are our other favorite low-profile couples we're rooting for:
1) Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin. We love these soft-spoken yoga nerds and their fruit-named baby. It's a long story, but somehow a few years ago I ended up in her Manhattan apartment and there were Coldplay CDs in every stereo. Adorable.
2) Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal. They tried to keep things under wraps for months. In Hollywood that's the equivalent of not kissing till the 10th date.
3) Isla Fisher and Sacha Baron Cohen. The couple that laughs together stays together. On screen they are off-the-wall, when it comes to relationships, no one could be more serious.
4) Julia Roberts and Danny Moder. Okay, so he's a cameraman who doesn't often appear on the other side of the lens, but as one of the industry's biggest names, Julia has done an astounding job of keeping love and work separate.
5) Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale. Well, Gwen does like her photo ops, but it's not her fault she has style that warrants attention! Even baby Kingston rocks L.A.M.B. When it comes to quality hubby time though, she knows when to hibernate.
6) Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick. We've decided New York couples have a much easier shot at survival without the swarms of paparazzi hovering, but the way these two talk about their family-separately-it's just plain charming.
7) Rhianna and Chris Brown. Oh right, they're both "not dating anyone." If their love is as strong as their body language, these two are poised to become the next Beyonce and Jay-Z. They've already started the relationship off on track: deny, deny, deny.
8) Mandy Moore and Ryan Adams. These two have been undercover lovers for months and we only found out yesterday. Who needs company when you have each other?
9) Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban. We know nothing about their relationship, and recognize that's actually a little more normal. What we do know: there's a baby on the way and they sure look happy!
10) Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck. They do get a decent amount of attention, but compared to the nightmare PR-stunt that was Bennifer (J.Lo making up the other 50%) anything feels low-pro. Ben earns the most improved award.
-Matt Damon and Luciana Borroso
-Tobey McGuire and Jennifer Meyer
-Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry
-Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem
-Naomi Watts and Leiv Shreiber
-Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard
Today on Yahoo!
1 - 6 of 48