So what exactly is erectile dysfunction? In recent years, the term erectile dysfunction in short ED which seems to have been well used .As its name indicates, in a nutshell, erectile dysfunction is losing the ability to get proper erection. And erectile dysfunction has been said to be the ones always happen while you grow older. When a man is unable to achieve sufficient rigidity of the penis for full vaginal penetration, it is a form of erectile dysfunction. Another form erectile dysfunction is inability to maintain erection for longer or a very short erection. Erectile dysfunction leads to unhappy sexual relationships which can even leads to breakups in marriage or partners.Causes of Erectile Dysfunction:
With the scientific development, social progress, it also deepens the understanding of ED. For example, early in the 15th century that ED is a devil possessed the 18th century considered masturbation actions, also believes that the ED are psychological disorders in 1950, then behavioral disorders in the early 19th century. 1970 years ago, is still considered the reduction of the amount of androgen, natural aging and psychological factors. Because people lack understanding of ED common sense, so that many ED patients to carry a heavy ideological baggage, affecting the normal family life, also tend to become unsociable and easy temper, which affect interpersonal relationships. After 1970 due to the erection of the progress of physiological and pathological studies, people recognize that psychological factors can certainly cause ED, but for most men, ED, and many diseases ( hypertension , diabetes disease, cardiovascular disease), drugs, trauma surgery, the erectile mechanism corpus cavernosum smooth muscle relaxation, penile arterial dilation and increased blood flow and venous obstruction complete hemodynamic process, in this process, any dysfunction or of any defects in the penis structure on the may result and lead to erectile dysfunction. Therefore, the cause of erectile dysfunction can be divided into:
1. Psychological the ED refers tension, stress, depression, anxiety and feelings of the couple and not caused by psychological factors erectile dysfunction.
2. Organic ED
(1) vascular causes: includes any disease that may lead to the corpus cavernosum artery blood flow reduction, such as atherosclerosis, arterial injury, arterial stenosis, pudendal artery bypass and heart dysfunction, or impede venous return closure mechanism penis albuginea, penile cavernous sinus, smooth muscle to reduce due to penile venous leakage.
(2) Neurological reasons: the central, peripheral nerve disease or injury can lead to erectile dysfunction.
(3) Surgery and trauma: major vascular surgery, prostate cancer , radical surgery, abdominal perineal resection of rectal cancer surgery and pelvic fractures , vertebral compression fractures or straddle injury, can cause erectile vascular and nerve damage, leading to an erection dysfunction.
(4) Endocrine disorders, chronic and long-term use of certain drugs can also cause erectile dysfunction.
(5) Penis diseases: such as Peyronie's disease (induration of penis), penile curvature deformity, severe phimosis and balanoposthitis.
3 mixed ED refers to psychological factors and organic cause common cause of erectile dysfunction. In addition, organic ED did not receive timely treatment, the patient's psychological pressure increase, fear of sex, failure, ED treatment tend to be more complex. Group 1, 628 cases of the study of the etiology of ED patients: psychological accounted for 39%, organic 15.8%, 45.2% mixed.
(B) In the pathogenesis
Classification according to ED pathophysiological mechanism can be divided into six categories:
(1) Psychogenic erectile dysfunction: about ED patients 50%, mainly due to anxiety, depression, stress, marital relations and lack of sexual attraction, childhood bad habit or spouse.
(2) Endocrine erectile dysfunction: such as the low gonadotropin sexual hypofunction the high gonadotropin sexual hypofunction, hyperprolactinemia , Klinefelter syndrome, testicular trauma, thyroid function abnormalities.
(3) Neurogenic erectile dysfunction: parasympathetic or somatic nerves issued by the sacral spinal cord injury can cause partial or complete erectile dysfunction. In addition, certain diseases caused by neurological disorders can also lead to erectile dysfunction, such as diabetes, chronic alcoholism.
(4) Arterial erectile dysfunction: the atherosclerosis of the arteries of the corpus cavernosum can stenosis, radical prostatectomy, and pelvic fractures induced penile arterial injury, leading to the reduction of the blood perfusion pressure and reduced blood flow. In addition, smoking, high blood pressure, diabetes can cause arterial lesions.
(5) Venous erectile dysfunction: sometimes Although penile artery perfusion is sufficient, but excessive venous leak can cause erectile dysfunction, such as albuginea defect cavernosum smooth muscle dysfunction.
(6) Other drugs: drugs usually interfere with penile erection central nervous system - the endocrine function or affect local neurovascular regulation easily induced erectile dysfunction, such as antihypertensives, antidepressants, anticholinergics, estrogen.
For Natural treatment of Erectile Dysfunction visit:Natural Solution for Men.