1. November is World Vegan Month. Even if you aren't 100 percent on board with the plant way of life, you could take the opportunity to try out a new dish or incorporate it into your diet once a week, or at least learn more about it. Did you know, for example, that vegans have lower rates of cancer than vegetarians, who in turn have lower rates than meat-eaters? Did you also know almond milk is really delicious and tastes sort of like ice cream?
2. Celine Dion will also be releasing her first English album in six years, "Loved Me Back to Life." Super ballads guaranteed.
3. Election Day comes, but once a year - go vote for something on Tuesday! We're not quite sure what, unless you're in New York or New Jersey. In that case, we'll be anxious to see how the mayoral drama finally comes to a close, and if Chris Christie wins the gubernatorial elections. Yes, we just learned a new word too.
4. In TV news … "The Voice" goes live and "Mike & Molly" premieres its new season. If you can't get enough of Melissa McCarthy, she brought her parents with her to "Ellen," and it was super adorable. You can watch them here.
5. Someone created glow-in-the-dark ice cream. It's mad expensive, but at a least we can dream about how the world will soon be brighter. Also, the inventor named his company Lick Me I'm Delicious.
6. Cook Something Bold and Pungent Day falls on Friday, which is perfect for Date Night, Friend Night or Couch Night. The challenge is to excite your senses by making spicy or smelly dishes. This likely will involve garlic, so breath mints are also welcome.
7. Russell Westbrook returned to basketball on Sunday, and it was all kinds of amazing. The star Thunder point guard scored 21 points in his first game, along with seven assists and four rebounds. Next up - Oklahoma City takes on the Dallas Mavericks Wednesday night at home.
8. The CMA Awards are Wednesday, and Ellen's special correspondents will reporting from the red carpet. Plus, Taylor Swift will become the second person ever to receive the Pinnacle Award, and will be performing live, which always makes us happy.
9. The latest edition of "Thor" opens on Friday and involves Chris Hemsworth, Idris Elba, Natalie Portman, and Anthony Hopkins. Need we say more?
10. Sunday is National Vanilla Cupcake Day. All you have to do is eat and you've fulfilled your civic duty, or if you want to live on the edge, "2 Broke Girls" partnered with Sprinkles to create a limited edition Not So Vanilla cupcake featuring a graham cracker bottom and vanilla cake with chocolate chips, topped with dark chocolate frosting and a dash of fleur de sel. It's available nationwide until the 15th, and while it sort of defeats the purpose, we're not mad about it.