We have had barely any rain for 30 days and are under a fire ban here in my area! The heat index makes it feel like it's over 100 F for the last few weeks.
I thought that I would try to add a few ideas to fight that heat! Here are some for you to consider:
- PREHYDRATE! Drink a whole cup of water before you go outside to do anything!
- Avoid the sun between 11 am and 4 pm.
- Bring your drink outside with you and put it in the shade if possible.
- Use cups with lids and put them in a koozie or other similar contraption to keep your drink cool.
- Limit the amount of non-water drinks. Keep to water if possible.
- Use bandanas or other similar fabrics to wet with water and wear around your forehead or neck.
- Use a broad rimmed hat, such as a boonie hat (buy at military store) or straw hat while outside.
- Spray a good sunscreen on before working outside in the sun. "Spray each day to help keep skin cancer away!"
- Find a personal misting system or outdoor misting fan to help cool you off quickly as needed.
- Take breaks! Come inside and really cool off every 30 minutes or as needed. Even 5-10 minutes can make a great difference.