YAHOO! SHINE'S COUNTRY MUSIC GIVEAWAY
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (COLLECTIVELY, THE "ELIGIBILITY AREA") AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN, AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF, THE ELIGIBILITY AREA.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: You must be a legal resident of the Eligibility Area and at least 18 years old or the age of legal majority in your state of residence, whichever is older, at the time of entry. Void in overseas U.S. territories, possessions, commonwealths and military installations, and where prohibited by law. Employees and agents of Yahoo! ("Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, any other prize sponsor, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (all of the foregoing, together with Yahoo!, collectively referred to as "Promotion Entities"), and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household as such individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate or win.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes begins at 7:45 pm Pacific Time (PT) on October 24, 2011 and ends at 12:00 pm PT October 27, 2011 (the "Entry Period"). To enter, during the Entry Period visit www.yahoo.com/shine (the "Promotion site") and follow the instructions to sign in using your Yahoo! ID. If you do not have a Yahoo! ID, follow the instructions to obtain a free Yahoo! ID. You will be asked to provide your first and last name, gender, birth date, and postal code. When signed in using your Yahoo! ID at the Promotion Site, click on the blog post entitled "Win tickets to the 45th Annual CMA Awards: tell us your favorite country love song title" at
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/win-tickets-to-the-45th-annual-cma-awards-tell-us-your-favorite-country-love-song-title-2595576 (the "Sweepstakes Blog Post"). In the comment section at the end of the Sweepstakes Blog Post, type in the comment box the name of your favorite country love song title. For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an Entry occurs when Yahoo!'s servers record the posting of your comment upon your clicking the "Post a Comment" button.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant, each Entry will be declared made by the individual who is both the authorized holder of the Yahoo! ID and password associated with the account (based upon information submitted at the time the account was created or updated upon registration for this Sweepstakes) and, if available, the "authorized email account holder" of the "alternate email address" provided when the Yahoo! ID was created. "Authorized email account holder" is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (i.e., business, educational institution) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If there is a discrepancy between the name of the person listed as the authorized holder of the Yahoo! ID and the authorized email account holder of the alternate email address provided when the Yahoo! ID was created, that Yahoo! ID will be disqualified and prize will be forfeited. Potential prize winner may be required to provide Promotion Entities with proof that he/she is the authorized Account holder as described above.
LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. Although subsequent attempts to enter may be received, only the first entry received from a particular individual will count; subsequent attempts to enter will be disqualified. The submission of an Entry is solely the responsibility of the Entrant. Entries may only be made according to the method described above. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any bot, script, macro, or sweepstakes service), copies, third party entries, facsimiles and/or mechanical reproductions are not permitted and will be disqualified. Only eligible Entries actually received by Yahoo! before the end of the Entry Period will be included in the prize drawing. Illegible, unintelligible, incomplete, garbled, or mutilated entries will be disqualified. Further, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry which, in Sponsor's sole opinion, is deemed to be offensive, abusive, disparaging to the Sponsor or otherwise portraying Sponsor in a negative manner, libelous, slanderous, inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate in any way for this Sweepstakes, or unresponsive to Sweepstakes entry instructions. All Entries become the property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned.
Conduct: By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to comply with and be bound by the Yahoo! Terms of Service, http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/utos-173.html, Yahoo! Community Guidelines, http://info.yahoo.com/guidelines/us/, and Shine Community Guidelines, http://shine.yahoo.com/page/guidelines/;_ylt=Ak8jjykZtYDaCG4vceIPy_BebqU5.
Entrants further agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all respects. Yahoo! reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any Yahoo! website; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Yahoo! property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, YAHOO! RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Prize: There is one (1) "trip for two" prize available to be won, consisting of the following (all as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion):
· Round trip coach class air transportation for two (2) from major commercial airport closest to Winner's residence (carrier and airport to be selected by Sponsor) to Nashville, Tennessee;
· Hotel accommodation for two (2) nights (based on one (1) room, standard, with double occupancy);
· Two (2) tickets to the 2011 Country Music Association Awards (the "Event") on November 9, 2011; and
· Ground transportation to and from the hotel and airport in Nashville, TN.
Total approximate retail value ("ARV") of prize: $2,462 U.S.D. Actual prize value may vary depending upon date of booking, the actual cost of air transportation from point of departure and date of travel, and accommodations at time of reservation. Winner will not be entitled to the difference, if any, between stated and approximate retail value. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation for the air transportation component of the prize, depending on Winner's proximity to Nashville, TN.
Except as specifically provided herein, prize package does not include taxes, insurance, telephone charges, meals, personal expenses, transportation between Winner's residence and airport of departure, gratuities, passenger facility charges (PFCs), departure taxes, incidental charges, or any other item not specifically described in these Official Rules, and all expenses for any of the foregoing, are the sole responsibility of Winner and his/her travel companion. Unless child of winner, travel companion must be at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in his or her state of residence, whichever is older, as of the date of departure. The Event is subject to change and/or cancellation. Winner is responsible for ensuring that all necessary travel documents are obtained for him/her and by his/her travel companion prior to ticketing. Sponsor is not responsible if Winner or travel companion is denied access to the aircraft or entry/re-entry into destination. In such an event, Winner and/or travel companion will be solely responsible for any expenses incurred and the prize may be forfeited, in whole or in part. Winner must comply with all hotel check-in requirements including, without limitation, the presentation of a major credit card. Winner and his/her travel companion must be able to travel on November 8, 2011 and November 10, 2011 or the prize will be forfeited. If Sponsor cannot verify a Winner who is able to travel on required dates in time to satisfy verification procedures, the prize will not be awarded. Once confirmed, trip dates and travel accommodations cannot be changed by Winner and/or his/her travel companion; however, flight and hotel are subject to availability, blackout dates, and/or change due to circumstances beyond Sponsor's control. Winner and his or her respective travel companion must travel on the same dates, itinerary, and fare class. All travel must be completed by November 10, 2011. No extensions will be permitted, and any unused travel will be forfeited. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer and may not be separated. The prize is not eligible for frequent flyer miles, no code-share flights may be used, or other reward point accumulation program.
Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize must be accepted as awarded, and may not be transferred or assigned except by Sponsor. Only listed prize will be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents or redemptions will be made, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize (or component thereof) with another prize of equal or greater value in the event that the advertised prize (or any component thereof) is not available. Any expenses not specifically stated above as included in the prize arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance, use or misuse of a prize, are the sole responsibility of Winner. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties concerning the appearance, safety, or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items and makes no representations or warranties with respect to any prize.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be chosen by random drawing from among all Entries received on or around October 28, 2011 by a representative of Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Potential winners will be notified via email on or about October 28, 2011. Potential winner will also be announced in the comments section at the end of the Sweepstakes Blog Post. Except where prohibited by law, Potential Winner (and his/her travel companion) may be required to sign, notarize and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and provide any additional information (such as social security number), that may be required by Promotion Entities. Potential winner must return all such required documents via email by October 31, 2011 or prize may be forfeited. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or inability of Promotion Entities to contact a potential winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner by random drawing. If applicable, winner may be issued an IRS Form 1099 which documents the value of the prize for tax purposes. Any difference between actual value of a prize and the approximated value of a prize as stated in these Official Rules will not be awarded.
5. General Conditions: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
By entering, participants: (a) release and hold harmless Promotion Entities and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, participation in this promotion, or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any prize-related activity, and (b) grant to Yahoo! the right to use and publish their Yahoo! Display Name, proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Sweepstakes, including the announcement of the Potential Winner in the comments section at the end of the Sweepstakes Blog Post.
Except where prohibited by law, a winner's acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Promotion Entities to use such winner's name, address (city and state only), statements, photograph, voice and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Sweepstakes without further compensation, consideration, review or consent.
Limitations of Liability: Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, or mutilated entries, or for theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Promotion Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Yahoo! reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select winners from among all eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation.
- Winners List: The names of the prize winners may be obtained after November 10, 2011 and no later than February 10, 2012 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: YAHOO! SHINE'S CMA AWARDS GIVEAWAY, Winners List Requests, Yahoo! Shine, 475 Sansome Street, Sixth Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111.
- Sponsor: Yahoo! Inc., 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.