YAHOO! SHINE'S EARTH DAY CONTEST
THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (COLLECTIVELY, THE "ELIGIBILITY AREA") AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN, AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF, THE ELIGIBILITY AREA.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: You must be a legal resident of the Eligibility Area and at least 18 years old or the age of legal majority in your state of residence, whichever is older, at the time of entry. Void in overseas U.S. territories, possessions, commonwealths and military installations, and where prohibited by law. Employees and agents of Yahoo! ("Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, any other prize sponsor, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest (all of the foregoing, together with Yahoo!, collectively referred to as "Promotion Entities"), and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household as such individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate or win.
2. How to Enter: The Contest begins at 9:00 am Pacific Time ("PT") on April 16, 2012 and ends at 11:59 pm PT on April 24, 2012 (the "Entry Period"). To enter, during the Entry Period post a photo (using one of two methods, described below) of your child's artwork celebrating Earth Day (the "Photo Entry"). The artwork in the Photo Entry can be: a drawing, painting, diorama, sculpture, photograph, ceramic, collage, or any other form of artwork that is customarily seen in a child's classroom. Your child must be between the ages of 0-16 years old. One (1) entry per child.
You can enter the Contest by visiting Flickr at http://bit.ly/yahoo-shine-earth-day-contest-flickr (the "Promotion site). Click the "Join?" or "Join this Group" button. Follow the instructions to sign in using your Yahoo! ID, Facebook ID, or Google ID to sync with Flickr. If you do not have a Yahoo! ID, follow the instructions to obtain a free Yahoo! ID. You will be asked to provide your first and last name, gender, birth date, and postal code. When signed in at the Promotion Site, click the "I agree" button to agree to the Flickr Group Rules and to reach the Promotion Site. Click "Add photo" to post your Photo Entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an Entry occurs when Yahoo!'s servers record the posting of your photo upon your clicking the "Add photo" button.
Yahoo! Shine Blog
You can also enter the Contest by visiting Yahoo! Shine at http://www.yahoo.shine.com. Follow the instructions to sign into Yahoo! Shine using your Yahoo! ID. If you do not have a Yahoo! ID, follow the instructions to obtain a free Yahoo! ID. You will be asked to provide your first and last name, gender, birth date, and postal code. Once logged in, click on the pink tab entitled "My Shine" and follow links and instructions to create a blog post. Post your Photo Entry. Select the "Category Placeholder" category; enter "Shine Earth Day" as your title; and submit your post. For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an Entry occurs when Yahoo!'s servers record the posting of your photo upon your clicking the "Submit Your Content Now" button.
The following applies to Flickr Group method of entry: In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant, each Entry will be declared made by the individual who is the authorized holder of the Flickr Account associated with the entry (based upon information submitted at the time the account was created or updated upon registration for this Contest).
The following applies to Yahoo! Shine blog method of entry: In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant, each Entry will be declared made by the individual who is both the authorized holder of the Yahoo! ID and password associated with the account (based upon information submitted at the time the account was created or updated upon registration for this Contest) and, if available, the "authorized email account holder" of the "alternate email address" provided when the Yahoo! ID was created. "Authorized email account holder" is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (i.e., business, educational institution) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If there is a discrepancy between the name of the person listed as the authorized holder of the Yahoo! ID and the authorized email account holder of the alternate email address provided when the Yahoo! ID was created, that Yahoo! ID will be disqualified and prize will be forfeited. Potential prize winner may be required to provide Promotion Entities with proof that he/she is the authorized Account holder as described above.
The submission of an Entry is solely the responsibility of the Entrant. Entries may only be made according to the method described above. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any bot, script, macro, or sweepstakes service), copies, third party entries, facsimiles and/or mechanical reproductions are not permitted and will be disqualified. Only eligible Entries actually received by Yahoo! before the end of the Entry Period will be included in the prize drawing. Illegible, unintelligible, incomplete, garbled, or mutilated entries will be disqualified. Further, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry which, in Sponsor's sole opinion, is deemed to be offensive, abusive, disparaging to the Sponsor or otherwise portraying Sponsor in a negative manner, libelous, slanderous, inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate in any way for this Contest, or unresponsive to Contest entry instructions. All Entries become the property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned.
3. Conduct: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to comply with and be bound by the Yahoo! Terms of Service, http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/utos-173.html[TS1] , Yahoo! Community Guidelines, http://info.yahoo.com/guidelines/us/, and Shine Community Guidelines, http://shine.yahoo.com/page/guidelines/;_ylt=Ak8jjykZtYDaCG4vceIPy_BebqU5.
Entrants further agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all respects. Yahoo! reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Yahoo! website; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Yahoo! property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, YAHOO! RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.4. Prize: One (1) grand prize winner will receive a Blu-Ray prize pack consisting of one (1) "Planet Earth Limited Edition Globe", one (1) "Frozen Planet", one (1) "BBC Natural History Collection" (includes Ganges, Galapagos, Wild China, and Planet Earth Special Edition) on Blu-Ray. Average retail value of prize: $304.95. One (1) first prize winner will receive a DVD prize pack consisting of one (1) "Planet Earth Limited Edition Globe", one (1) "Frozen Planet", and one (1) "Blue Planet" on DVD. Average retail value of prize: $159.91. One (1) second prize winner will receive one (1) "BBC Natural History Collection" (includes Ganges, Galapagos, Wild China, and Planet Earth Special Edition) on Blu-Ray. Average retail value of prize: $149.99. Limit one (1) prize per winner. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize must be accepted as awarded, and may not be transferred or assigned except by Sponsor.
Only listed prize will be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents or redemptions will be made, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize (or component thereof) with another prize of equal or greater value in the event that the advertised prize (or any component thereof) is not available. Any expenses not specifically stated above as included in the prize arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance, use or misuse of a prize, are the sole responsibility of Winner. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties concerning the appearance, safety, or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items and makes no representations or warranties with respect to any prize.
5. Winner Selection and Notification:
A representative of Yahoo! will judge entries according to the following judging criteria: Adherence to theme of celebrating earth day (50%), originality (25%), creativity (25%).
The Potential Winners will be announced on Shine (the "Contest Blog Post") on or about April 30, 2012. Except where prohibited by law, Potential Winners may be required to provide additional information that may be required by Promotion Entities, including email address and mailing address. Prizes will be delivered by mail by or about May 15, 2012. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or inability of Promotion Entities to contact a potential winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner (the next valid Entry received would be the alternate potential winner, subject to verification, and so on). If applicable, winner may be issued an IRS Form 1099 which documents the value of the prize for tax purposes. Any difference between actual value of a prize and the approximated value of a prize as stated in these Official Rules will not be awarded.
6. General Conditions: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
By entering, participants: (a) release and hold harmless Promotion Entities and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, participation in this promotion, or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any prize-related activity; (b) grant to Yahoo! a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license (but not the obligation), with the right to sublicense, use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, publicly perform and publicly display your Photo Entry (in whole or in part) in connection with the Yahoo! Services (defined as the collection of resources offered by Yahoo!, including without limitation various communications tools, forums, shopping services, search services, personalized content and branded programming through Yahoo!'s network of properties which may be accessed through any various medium or device now known or hereafter developed); (c) you represent and warrant to Yahoo!, that (i) your Photo Entry is an original work taken by you; (ii) your Photo Entry is free from any third party rights; and (iii) you have the full right and authority to grant the rights herein granted in all media throughout the universe; and that no one else's permission is required; and (d) grant to Yahoo! the right to use and publish your Yahoo! Display Name, proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest, including the announcement of the Potential Winners at the end of the Contest Blog Post.
Except where prohibited by law, a winner's acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Promotion Entities to use such winner's name, address (city and state only), statements, photograph, voice and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Contest without further compensation, consideration, review or consent.
7. Limitations of Liability: Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, or mutilated entries, or for theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Promotion Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Yahoo! reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway and select winners from among all eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation.
9. Winners List: The names of the prize winners may be obtained after May 30, 2012 and no later than August 30, 2012 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: YAHOO! SHINE'S EARTH DAY CONTEST, Winners List Requests, Yahoo! Shine, 475 Sansome Street, Sixth Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111.
10. Sponsor: Yahoo! Inc., 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.