Roxanne LowitWhether their high-school experience was blissfully Clueless or scary like Carrie, 8 million alums return to their alma maters each year to face down their hometown demons. Here, how to flaunt the new-and-improved you while effortlessly surviving a blast from the past.
WHAT TO WEAR: Look at me now, Jake Ryan!
Six ensembles that celebrate your success, earn an A+ in fashion, and ensure your reunion photos turn out better than that pimply yearbook headshot. Here's how to show off everything from your budding CEO status to your hot husband and 2.5 kids!
WHAT TO DO: 10 Must-Dos when at your high school reunion...
- Eat your tuition in canapés.
- Start every conversation with "Remember the time . . ."
- Rock a pair of sky-high Dior heels the first half of the evening; dance barefoot to Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name" the second.
- Find out the frenemy who trashed your rep with her slam book is now telemarketing from home in her PJs.
- Tell your mentor what she meant to you, that jerk ex what he didn't.
- Get the band back together.
- Do shots with the valedictorian.
- Slow-dance with the guy from homeroom who always had a crush on you, then crunk to "Whatta Man" with Mr. Martin, the homeroom teacher you had a crush on.
- Act stupid with the people who knew you when you were stupid.
- Join Facebook, skip the reunion.
WHAT TO SAY: Filled with dread about bumping into bossy Becky Slater or overachiever Tracy Flick? We asked Anna Skinner, author of How to Pee Standing Up: Tips for Hip Chicks, how to get through cocktail hour when you're cornered by...
The World Civ class hottie you considered a demigod.
Odds are he's married or gay and still ignoring you. But if he's single, interested, and retainer-free, fake like you care when he waxes on about his trip to the Colosseum, then make like the Romans in the parking lot.
Your old lab partner.
Give your personal Urkel a high five. You wouldn't have passed chemistry if she hadn't done the whole report while you washed the test tubes.
The class prez - turned - community college dropout.
Put away that pity smile - this gal deserves a gold medal for showing up. And because she's still a local, she's the perfect person to give up all the juicy goss. Who knew the student-council treasurer was running a Weeds-like pot ring?
- Click here for how to talk to the... Mean Girl, Jerk Gym Teacher, Nerdy Millionaire, Old Best Friend
WHAT TO BRING: What - reunion time already? Throw these face-saving supplies in your suitcase and gear up for the big day in no time flat.
The Hairstyle Handbook
150 quick and easy hairstyles you can master.
Win Free Stuff
Fashion and Beauty prizes to enter to win every day.
50 Best Beauty Secrets
Get gorgeous today - here our best beauty advice ever.
Chic Girl's Guide to Career & Money
Your brilliant career, your success road map and your guide to getting the cash you deserve.
- Looking for More Love, Fitness & Career Advice? Subscribe to Marie Claire & Save!