True that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but finding that happy medium where we are happy with ourselves can be more elusive than white chocolate cheesecake under 100 calories. Finding contentment with our appearance can equate to mere self-esteem and happiness to using extras to give us the boost we need. I have experimented with product after product and after contemplating what has been a true stay in my "makeup bag," was pretty easy. I don't have a single makeup bag rather I have many makeup bags pending on my mood. Although I should be more diligent about throwing out things, I am a pack rat and hold on to everything. Proof exists where I located a white eyeliner that I had purchased in 2005 in one of my makeup bags.
After a mental inventory of my true buds, I discovered my makeup essentials that I have to have include:
1. A Kubaki brush is a non-negotiable with short and dense bristles to apply both a mineral foundation and blush. The brush has to be soft and have a long enough handle for easy application. This type of brush also allows for in between cleaning without falling apart or leaving those stray bristles randomly on my face. A blending brush that is oval shaped and chiseled to apply my eye shadow in a subtle and natural appearance. Again, a good brush will allow you to clean in between without losing fibers.
2. A sunless tanner provides a little cover to my English lily white skin. I don't want to tan year round due to the skin damage that results so having a bit color lightens my mood and appearance.
3. A good moisturizer and wrinkle defense cream is an essential day-to-day requirement for myself. Since I've matured in age, I have to protect what I have been given. My normal routing consists of using Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair which I love.
4. A long lasting conditioning lipstick. I prefer a subtle look and stray from the super glossy slick lips and like something that provides a little color and SPF protection.
5. Foundation that is easy to use and provides a flawless look. I prefer mineral based foundations because they provide the most effective coverage. I probably could have many more items to list but that really encompasses everything I require every day. I don't wear makeup every day but I want something that requires little time and energy. I will use mascara and blush from time to time, but when I think of just the essentials, good brushes, sunless tanners, moisturizer, lipstick and foundation are really all I require, or I should say are non-negotiable.
As you can tell, I don't have much. What's in your make up bag?