Fall just happens to be one of my most favorite seasons mainly because of its rich, unapologetically bold hues. As we bid adieu to summer's sky blues, neon yellows, and citrus tints, I graciously welcome God's deeper passionate side filled with velvety garnets, marvelous maroons, cobalt blues, flaming burnt oranges, autumn worthy greens and mustard brights.
The runways got off to a loud start by piggy-backing off of spring's vibrancy but warm toning the colors down a bit. The outcome? Makeup artist Diane Kendall's "neon heat wave" pout at Thakoon's fall show painting on bright red lips with a neon pink overlay. For non-traditional colors try Ka'Oir Doll or Night by Ka'Oir Cosmetics. This lipstick collection is super hot with fun, adventurous colors to enlighten your fall; just ask Snooki and other celebrity followers.
1. Always start with a smooth surface. 1-2 times/ week gently exfoliate lips removing chapped dry skin. (Quick homemade exfoliant: Sugar/Honey/Olive Oil).
2. Apply a hydrating lip balm as your first layer of moisture. (Cococare Cocoa butter lip balm)
Optional: Neutralize natural lip color by applying a nude cream foundation/cover up on entire lip and blend well before step three.
3. Start applying lip color either straight from the tube or with a lip brush. Because big girl boldness shouldn't come across as sheer; precisely apply more than one coat then tactfully strut around with confidence!
Hair trends on the other hand aren't so much about color this season but more about shape and position; up or down, flat or bouffant, slick or frizzy, now that's the question. Ponytails are once again on trend but this season it's all about the mid-rise pony as seen at Louis Vuitton, Temperley London and Diane Von Furstenberg.
1. Sleekly pull the hair back into a ponytail stopping three-fourths above the neck.
2. Secure it with a ponytail holder.
3. Tightly wrap a small section of the hair to cover the ponytail holder; Do not expose the public to the scrunchy!
4. Flat iron the tail for a chic look then add some sort of trendy accessory just to keep all eyes on you.
My take on this season's color choices is feminine and fearless! Chic hair adorned with beautiful accessories matched alongside an audacious lip will make even the dullest time of year smile.
Show me your feminine and fearless side!