I'm always on the lookout for new hair styles, especially those that get along with my natural curls. So you already know I'm excited about this month's Beauty Guru topic - sharing our favorite hairstyle! While I normally let my curls do their thing, every now and again I like to switch things up and wear this two side twist hairstyle. Not only is it super easy to do but it lasts at least two days, giving me some extra time in the morning!
Here's how you can create this look at home.
What you'll need:
- Leave in Conditioner
- Moisturizing Hair Cream
- Light Holding Gel
- Wide Tooth Comb
- Elastic Hair Tie
- Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair. Towel dry your hair (or if you hair tends to frizz up like mine, use an old cotton t-shirt). I like leaving my hair slightly damp because my hair gets way too frizzy for this style if my curls are completely dry.
- Apply the leave in conditioner (I love using Cantu Shea Butter's Leave in Conditioner).
- With your wide tooth comb, part your hair in half. If you want to get fancy, you can do a little side part in the front. Use the elastic tie to hold the other side of your hair out of the way.
- Apply the moisturizing hair cream, like this Curling Smoothie from Shea Moisture on the half that you're about to twist. Follow up with the light holding gel (Shea Moisture's Curling Soufflé is awesome!) and comb it through. This will help distribute the gel evenly and help hold your twists in place.
- Starting at the front, take a small section of hair and divide it into two parts. Start twisting the hair and as you move down the side of your head, take little sections of hair along the way. (If you know how to cornrow or French braid, then this will be super easy for you!). Twist your hair all the way to the back. No need to rush! You want to make sure your twists are neat so they'll last the next day. Repeat on the other side.
- Viola! You're done! To help preserve your style for the next day, just tie it up with a satin scarf before bed.
What's your favorite hair style?
MJ is a Yahoo! Shine Beauty and Guru and a beauty/fashion blogger for Fierce, a beauty and fashion blog.