How to Age GracefullyAging Is an Inevitable Process
Aging is inevitable and you cannot control time. However, with care and hard work you can age gracefully with little or no wrinkles. How can you age gracefully? It is not an easy job. You will have to monitor your health, watch your diet and exercise regularly. In short, you will have to invest time for yourself.
Age: State of Mind
Before we list the 20 tips on how to age gracefully, we want to remind you that individuals who look young are also individuals who feel young. If you think you are forty then you are always going to look forty. You can try all the anti-aging creams in the world, but it won't help you. So, remember to always feel good about yourself.
20 Tips to Slow Down the Aging Process
1) Eat your veggies: Evidence shows that oxidative damage is caused by toxins and metabolism. This pushes the aging process at a cellular level. To avoid the oxidative damage, eat vegetables. They contain antioxidants that protect us from oxidative stress.
2) Don't eat sugar unnecessarily: Sugar is known to reduce the lifespan of organisms. It is one of the reasons of aging.
3) Sleep well: Try to get at least 7 hours of sleep daily.
4) Moisturize your skin: To keep your skin looking supple and healthy, moisturize your skin regularly.
5) Eating fish is good: Fish contains omega-3 fatty acids. This is really beneficial for your skin.
6) Don't wrinkle your forehead or raise your eyebrows: Avoid frowning or raising your eyebrows. This will lead to horrible wrinkles.
7) Sip tea in the afternoon: Tea is rich in antioxidants and cancer-fighting compounds. Plus, sipping hot tea is the best way to reduce stress.
8) Don't skip your legumes: Include beans and lentils in your diet. They are filled with healthy minerals.
9) Decrease your TV time: Watching too much TV is not only unproductive, but unhealthy too.
10) Don't overeat: Avoid eating excessively. This will help you reduce calories.
11) Include olive oil in your diet: Olive oil is not only healthy, but also versatile and delicious. It provides you with healthy fats.
12) Consume lots of nuts: Nuts make great snacks. They are a great source of vitamins, minerals and fats.
13) Avoid food with processed carbohydrates: Eating processed carbohydrates can result in many diseases and increased aging.
14) Wear your sunglasses: Protect the area around your eyes from wrinkles by wearing sunglasses.
15) Quit smoking: Smoking not only leads to cancer, it also increases the aging process.
16) Wear sunscreen: Soak in the sun, but don't forget to wear your sunscreen.
17) Exercise regularly: Start strength training and cardio exercises. Exercise not only helps decrease stress, but also gives you a stronger and healthier body.
18) Stay hydrated: Sip water whenever you can. Avoid getting thirsty.
19) Avoid wearing makeup: To maintain your skin's elasticity, avoid putting foundation and powder on your skin as much as possible.
20) Stay happy: Always have a smile on your face because it will reduce stress. Stress can speed up the aging process dramatically.
On a final note, learn to enjoy your life. Challenge yourself and push yourself beyond your limit. This will keep you motivated and happy.
Read more at Betterhealthblog: