feet on beachNow that summer is here, it's finally time for some long awaited rest & relaxation, where we can enjoy lazy days and fun in the sun. But as nice as it is to have a little down time, it can also be easy to fall into a rut as far as looking our best goes.
And while warmer temperatures & increasing humidity aren't exactly conducive to looking polished and put together, there are some easy beauty tricks we can weave into our routines to make sure we're just as gorgeous in the summer as we are the rest of the year.
Here are 5 tips that will help busy moms keep their beauty regimen in check.
1. Perfect summer makeup in 5 minutes -- One of the best parts of summer is not having to wear as much makeup, since we usually have a nice, healthy glow going on. As long as you have a tube of tinted moisturizer, a neutral eye shadow palette, mascara, and a pale shade of lip gloss, you can put your "face" on in a jiffy.
More from The Stir: 7 Stages of Swimsuit Selection
2. Dress to impress -- Instead of filling your summer wardrobe with shorts and t-shirts, opt for casual sundresses or maxi dresses instead. Not only are they much more comfortable in the heat, they are also appropriate & chic for any occasion.
3. Keep your hairstyle simple -- Tousled, fresh-from-the-beach hair is perfectly acceptable in the summer months, so don't be afraid to keep things easy and forgo the blow dryer. Give your hair a break from the heat & humidity -- and stay cool & frizz-free at the same time.
4. Trusty shoes -- Instead of buying a bunch of different pairs of shoes this summer, find a comfortable pair of sandals or flip flops, and buy one pair in black and one in brown. Pick out a bunch of brightly colored nail polish shades, and change your toe colors each week to keep your look fresh without changing your shoes. And if you don't have time for a pedicure, don't worry -- all you need to do is go for a walk on the beach to keep those heels exfoliated!
More from The Stir: You Won't Believe What's in Lady Gaga's New Perfume
5. Keep it covered -- To make sure your skin stays healthy, make sure to apply plenty of sunscreen, but also use hats and sunglasses to your advantage. They'll protect your face and eyes from the damaging rays of the sun, and make you look stylish at the same time.
What are some of your favorite summer beauty tips?
Image via btlespirit/Flickr
More from The Stir: