BellaSugarSource: 5 Extremely Haute Designer Nail Polish Collaborations
If you love the gorgeous Prabal Gurung gown here, you're going to be ecstatic about the designer's copycat Sally Hansen nail wraps. 'Tis the season of beauty collaborations, and if Gurung isn't to your taste, a slew of well-loved designers have decided to put their dukes up (in the friendliest way possible) with nail polish brands of late.
Right now, everyone from Betsey Johnson and Kate Spade to Thakoon is launching a nail line of some sort. Want to get a glimpse at the goods? Here are our top five most covetable new collections.
- Betsey Johnson: It was kismet: Betsey Johnson and Sephora by OPI are just about perfect for one another. Ms. Johnson's collaboration is out now and features seven polishes, including It's My Pink! ($10, at left), which is scented with Johnson's most recent fragrance, Too Too.
- Kate Spade: Kate Spade teamed up with Lipstick Queen impresario Poppy King to create this limited-edition set of shades ($28). The colors are inspired by the work of Australian artist Florence Broadhurst, and they have pretty stellar names, including Watermelon Fingers and Sea Foam Swirls. You can snag them soon at Kate Spade online and in her stores.
- Thakoon: Nars is known for its rich, moody colors, so it's exciting to see the brand collaborating with designer Thakoon Panichgul on this collection of bright polishes ($18 each). Look at them starting May 1 on the Nars website.
- Prabal Gurung: Sally Hansen picked out two gorgeous patterns from Prabal Gurung's Spring 2012 show and converted them into these eminently covetable nail strips ($10 each), which are available now at drugstores nationwide.
- Peter Som: Zoya took these three shades ($24) from the palette at Peter Som's Fall 2012 show, and the set sold out almost immediately. Rumor has it that the brand may bring the collection back, though, so keep your fingers crossed.
Try This Quick and Easy Ombré Manicure
10 Pretty, Fun Wedding Manicure Ideas
10 Amazing New Nail Polishes For April
Follow BellaSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of Bella Sugar on Facebook