By Beth Shapouri, Glamour magazine
The Hunger Games movie is coming! The Hunger Games movie is coming! Well, not until March. But in the meantime, I have all the details from set's lead hair stylist, Linda Flowers, to getting her version of the famous Katniss braid Jennifer Lawrence wears in the film.
Some of you may remember that I put together my own tutorial for Halloween, but now we have the official step from the official stylist! The key? A fancy contraption she created called the TopStyler, which consists of a lot of little shells that slip over your hair. You just roll a lock into a curl and clap the little guy on. The result: A lived-in texture that's so key here. I mean, Katniss is running around in the jungle and shooting stuff with arrows. Your hair is going to get a little not-so-perfect, you know?
Here are the steps:
1. Start by setting hair with The TopStyler using a soft spin technique to create texture and dimension.
2. Twist the hair a few times, wrap backward with one finger and clamp in place with The TopStyler's ceramic shell (c-shell).
3. Let the hair set for 10 minutes and release once c-shells are cooled.
4. Create a side-swept French braid by starting on the left side and wrapping around the head, until it drapes over the right shoulder.
5. For a natural, unfinished look leave a few wispy pieces out of the braid to frame the face.
Need help with that whole French braiding part? Never fear. Just grap some popcorn and watch these handy tutorials.
And if you're now, uh, hungry for more The Hunger Games beauty, go check out the nail polish line inspired by the film. So many pretty colors!
More from Glamour: