Wearing your hair down in this humidity guarantees you'll look like a frazzled poodle by mid-morning.
This pretty wraparound braid, on the other hand, stays put even after absorbing drips from every AC unit in a twenty-block radius. Hairstylist Jamie Cook of Whittemore House provides a step-by-step tutorial of the around the world braid.
1. Brush through your hair to get rid of any tangles.
Start by French braiding your hair.
2. Start with a small section at your part and split the hair into three pieces. French braid
the hair with a variation of only adding hair into one side. The braid will be left a little more loose.
Braid3. French braid your hair around your head, and finish the braid down to the end of your hair.
4. Tie it with a small, clear, plastic rubber band.
5. Get a looser texture but pulling at the roots of the braid a little bit.
Step 66. Flip the hair past your hair tie under the braid pin the hanging braid to the top of your head with a bobby pin.Around the world braid
7. Make the braid tighter, if needed by pinning it down to your head.
More on DailyCandy.com: