2. Divide into three equal pieces.
3. Cross strands over each other once from left to right, picking up hair like you would in a traditional French braid.
5. Pick up a new section close to where the original left strand was to create your new right strand.
7. Keep working around the crown of your head. Stop midway through or continue all the way around.
8. Twist the remaining hair into a regular braid.
9. Tie the end with an elastic band and tuck it under your hair; secure with bobby pins.
Things are looking up.
More from DailyCandy.com:
24 Denim Finds Worth Trying On
DIY Halloween Tricks and Treats
The Hottest New Makeup for Fall
The Best New Shoes of the Season