With the summer temperatures rising, you're probably looking for lighter, easier ways to do your make-up. After all, who wants to find her foundation sliding down her face on a warm day? Yuck! Celebrity make-up artist Darcy Gilmore has some tips on changing it up for warm weather - plus five essentials you won't want to be without!
1. You perspire more in warmer temperatures. So make your foundation last longer with a primer. Use it over your moisturizer and sunscreen but under your foundation. Two options are Smashbox PhotoFinish Oil-free Foundation Primer and Revlon Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer
2. If you want to skip the foundation but still want some coverage, go for a bronzer. It will give you some cover and add color. Use your fingertips to apply it where the sun would naturally hit - down your nose and on your chin, brows and forehead. With Josie Maran Cream Bronzer, the color you see is the color that will show up on your skin. Almay Smart Shade Bronzer is activated by the heat of your skin and adjusts to your complexion.
3. Use blush for a touch of summer sun color. Posie Tint by Benefit is a higher end product. Cover Girl Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush is a good product for more mature skin or younger skin that's very sensitive.
4. For longer lasting lip color, try a lip stain. Apply it with your fingertip to get that "eating a popsicle" or sun-kissed look. We tried two brands: Benefit PocketPal Benetint + Gloss and Covergirl outlast.
5. Don't forget to waterproof your lashes! It's a summer essential! We looked at Lancome Hypnose Waterproof Mascara and L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara.