What's the secret to looking toned without sacrificing sexiness? According to Jennifer Aniston's trainer, Mandy Ingber, it takes just three moves to get Jen's flat abs. SELF found out she has one killer yoga routine. Now you can try it, too!
Mandy told SELF that yoga is great, because it requires the core to be active in every posture. Three specific poses enhance her ab work.
1. Boat Pose "We also add crunches, and side sit-ups into our yoga routine. Just like in my Yogalosophy, we incorporate these toners post boat pose. Hold the pose for 5-10 breaths, then do two sets of 8-10 crunches and side sit-ups."
2. Plank Pose "Plank takes a great deal of abdominal strength. For an even greater challenge, I will have Jennifer raise her toes off of the floor, so she is only balancing on one foot. The lift is only an inch or two, but maintaining a straight spine while balancing engages the abs tremendously! Hold the plank for ten breaths, then switch legs and hold for another ten breaths."
3. Sit and Spin "Yup. It's true. There is a reason those sit-ups called bicycles are named that. Everytime you take a pedal stroke and pull your knees up towards your chest, you are engaging the abdominals. The repetitive motion we do in spinning is a great ab toner. Not only that, but the cardio burns fat while you build lean muscle mass for a toned trim tummy."
BONUS! "Laugh! Jen loves to laugh, and I would guess that is a part of why her abs are so toned. That, and the fact that her diet is very moderate--she doesn't go on fad diets, and maintains a consistently healthy routine. She does not like sweets, and is about the only person I know who can eat three chips."
What music do you two like to listen to while working out? She loves my playlists--take a look at the Music Lounge on my website . Jen actually turned me on to Kings of Leon's "Use Somebody" and Jay Z's "Empire State of Mind." And we love a little Ray Lamontagne.
More from SELF:
- 20 Superfoods for Weight Loss!
- Lose 8 pounds in one-month with the SELF Challenge!
8 Foods that Combat fat!
- Sex Pyramid: 6 ways to have more fun in bed!
Photo Credit: WWD