Let's be honest...not all of us love swimsuit shopping. Okay, some of us hate it. It's especially tough when you have no idea which styles will flatter you. Go easy on yourself this summer and narrow your search before heading to the dressing room.
Here are a few questions to consider:
One- or Two-Piece? Bikinis certainly aren't the only options out there. Cute one-pieces are making a comeback for all shapes and sizes. If you're going the two-piece route, think about what style of top - halter, tube, shoulder straps - are most comfortable to you. Also consider what activities you'll be doing in your suit. If you enjoy swimming laps and playing beach volleyball, you may want a more supportive suit than someone who enjoys lounging and wading.
Which Asset Do You Want to Accent? Depending on your shape, you may want to play up your bust, curvy shape, legs, or even tuck it all away. Check out our shape suggestions and hunt for a one-piece or bikini that you feel most comfortable sporting poolside.
What's Your Budget? Swimwear can get pricey, so it might be best to base your budget off the amount of wear you'll get out of your suit. If you plan live in your suit this summer and frequent the pool or beach weekly or just despise suit shopping and want this purchase to last you for a few years, you may want to invest a bit more. If you're just looking for another cute suit to add to your growing collection, we've got options on the less-expensive side as well.
What other criteria do you consider when swimsuit shopping? Any tips for making the experience more enjoyable? We've picked out 10 of our favorite styles for the season, but check out 66 more swimsuits here.
1. $33, Bikini, Old Navy; (800) OLD-NAVY.
2. $106, Calvin Klein Swimwear.
3. Top, $14.90, bottom, $14.90, H&M; hm.com for stores.
4. $100, Jantzen; macys.com.
5. Top, $92, bottom, $56, Calvin Klein Swimwear; macys.com for stores.
6. $19.50, Old Navy; oldnavy.com.
7. Top, $56, bottom, $59, Island Company; islandcompany.com.
8. $48, In Mocean Group at Macy's; (612) 375-2200.
SWIMWEAR WITH SHAPE AND TEXTURE :
9. Bikini, $60, Topshop; topshop.com for stores.
10. Top, $54, bottom, $68, Ralph Lauren Blue Label; ralphlauren.com.
MORE FROM MARIE CLAIRE:
45 Ways to Get the Body You Want for Summer
Finally Find the Right Product for Your Hair Type
100+ Flirty Dresses
Romantic Date Ideas You Never Thought of Before
- Looking for More? Subscribe to Marie Claire!