Yoga may be known for increasing flexibility, but many of the poses are also killer moves for toning your tush and thighs. If your backside could use a little tightening, try this yoga sequence. Complete it straight through with the right leg first and then repeat on the left side.
- Three-Legged Dog - After doing a few Sun Salutations to warm up, come into Downward Facing Dog pose. Lift your right leg into the air, coming into Three-Legged Dog. Hold here for five breaths, keeping your shoulders parallel with the floor.
- Warrior 1 - Step your right foot between your hands and lift your torso up coming into Warrior 1. Try to lower your hips so your front thigh is parallel with the floor. After five breaths . . .
- Warrior 2 - Open your hips, arms, and chest into Warrior 2. Draw your abs in and lengthen your spine. Keep the shoulders relaxed and hold for five deep breaths.
- Crescent Moon - Lower your left arm to your left leg and arch back coming into Crescent Moon, also known as Reverse Warrior. Continue to lower your pelvis, keeping your right knee over your ankle. After five breaths . . .
- Bound Extended Side Angle - Lift your torso and lower your right hand to the floor next to the inside arch of your right foot. Extend your left arm overhead, coming into Extended Side Angle. Or for more of a challenge, bind underneath your right thigh in Bound Extended Side Angle. Your right hand will clasp your left wrist. Stay in either variation for five breaths.
- Goddess - Lift your torso and turn both feet out, so your heels are pointing in. Bend your knees and elbows at 90 degree angles, holding Goddess pose for five deep breaths.
- Locust A - Release your hands to the front of your mat and come to lie down on your belly. Bring your arms next to the sides of your body, palms facing up. Inhale to lift your legs and torso off the floor, coming into Locust A pose. Lengthen your spine as much as you can and hold for five breaths.
- Intense East - Roll over onto your back. Place your palms on the floor six to eight inches behind you with your fingertips facing your body. Bring your legs together. On an inhale, press into your hands and feet and lower your head behind you, coming into Intense East. After five breaths, take a vinyasa or go right into Downward Facing Dog. Repeat the entire sequence on the left side.
Hot Naked Yoga
Yoga to Become Olympic Event in 2012
How Well Do You Know Yoga?
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook