Want a bikini body in time for summer? Burn belly fat and lose inches with a diet plan that will get you swimsuit-ready but won't leave you hungry. Follow the guidelines below for a total of 1,500 calories a day. Combine this diet with a toning and cardio workout plan and you'll drop 10 pounds in one month.
TRY IT: Start our complete 4 Weeks to a Bikini Body workout plan today, and be beach-ready by the first day of summer!
A Sample Day on Our Bikini Body Plan
BREAKFAST: About 300 Calories
Broccoli and Parmesan Egg Scramble
Whisk together 2 eggs; set aside. Coat a frying pan with nonstick cooking spray and saute 3/4 cup chopped broccoli florets 2 minutes; add eggs and scramble. Once eggs are cooked, sprinkle with 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan. Serve with a slice of whole wheat toast.
LUNCH: About 400 Calories
Chunky Greek Salad with Chickpeas
Mix together 1/2 cup each cucumber, chopped tomato, and red and green pepper. Add 1/2 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained; 5 Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced; and 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced. Toss with 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar and 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons crumbled reduced-fat feta.
DINNER: About 500 Calories
Ginger Shrimp Stir-Fry
Saute 1 teaspoon each minced garlic and ginger in 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Add 1/4 pound shrimp, shelled and cleaned; saute 1 minute per side and remove from pan. Add 1/4 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms and 1/4 cup chopped carrots to pan; cook 5 minutes. Add 1/4 red pepper, sliced; 1/2 cup chopped bok choy; 1/4 cup hoisin sauce, and the shrimp. Cook until heated through. Serve over 3/4 cup brown rice.
SNACK: About 150 Calories; Eat Two a Day
• Melon Sorbet: Puree 1 cup melon with 1 teaspoon lime juice and freeze. Serve over 3/4 cup raspberries and 1/2 cup blueberries.
• Luna Mini Bar and 1 small pear
No time to cook? Grab and go with these tasty, slimming options.
• Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken, Mixed Veggies, and one Chicken Egg Roll (520 calories)
• Boston Market Roast turkey breast, mashed potatoes (no gravy), and green beans (480 calories), or beef brisket with green beans and corn bread (520 calories)
• Red Robin Garden Burger (no dressing) and a Side Salad with Asian Dressing (532 calories)
• Ruby Tuesday Plain Grilled Top Sirloin with White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes and Fresh Steamed Broccoli (533 calories) or a bowl of White Bean Chicken Chili with Creamy Mashed Cauliflower and Sugar Snap Peas (482 calories)
• Subway 6-inch Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki (380 calories) or Turkey Breast on Flatbread with a small cup of Tomato Garden Vegetable with Rotini Soup (400 calories)
• Au Bon Pain Demi Chicken Sandwich on a baguette (370 calories)
• Qdoba Mexican Grill Naked Chicken Taco Salad with Fajita Veggies, Pinto Beans, and Salsa Roja with Fat-Free Picante Ranch dressing (410 calories) or a soft steak taco with lettuce, cheese, and guacamole, and a cup of Tortilla Soup (435 calories)
• McDonald's Premium Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken and low-fat Italian dressing (380 calories)
More Healthy Takeout Choices
[Photo credit: Peter Ardito for FITNESS magazine]
Find more healthy recipes (plus a pull-out poster with our Bikini Body toning exercises) in the May issue of FITNESS, featuring Sex and the City's Kristin Davis, on newsstands now.