There's no wrong way to decorate a Christmas tree, but we're willing to share our secrets with those who'd like to emulate our style.
When you're ready to set your tree up, pick a low-traffic spot away from fireplaces and heaters, and then anchor the tree with nylon thread tied around the trunk and through screw hooks fastened to the wall.
Place Tree Stand in a Watertight Planter
The effect is a more tailored look than a tree skirt; it also creates extra room for presents.
To pot your tree in a planter follow these steps:
1. Lay felt underneath the container to protect floors.
2. Stack bricks inside planter to raise tree if necessary.
3. Place the tree stand inside the planter, followed by the tree.
4. Pour pebbles into the stand for added stability.
5. Finish off with clump moss.
Prune the Tree
Norway and blue spruces are naturally symmetrical, but their branches have awkward growthsRead More »from Branch Out: Tree-Trimming Secrets for Serious Christmas Champs