These jolly holiday jokes and Christmas quotes will bring cheer even to the grumpiest Scrooge.
Christmas QuotesChristmas quotes
PLUS: 32 budget-friendly Christmas decorating ideas >>
PLUS: Top holiday movies guaranteed to get you in the Christmas spirit >>
PLUS: More fun Christmas quotes>>
Christmas quotesChristmas quotes
These jolly holiday jokes and Christmas quotes will bring cheer even to the grumpiest Scrooge.Read More »from Ho, Ho, Ha: Funny Christmas Quotes
Henri's Tasting SoiréeWant to keep the invites rolling in? Have a few of these on hand an you'll always win the Best Guest award.
1. Henri's Tasting Soirée
Score points for: Worldliness
Score points for: Creativity
Score points for: Thoughtfulness
Score points for: Festiveness
The Forest Fir, Winter, and Holiday Spice votive trio enhances the mood of the season - and the ambiance. $30; linneaslights.com
More from MarieClaire.com:20 Secrets Men Read More »from 4 Perfect Hostess Gifts on Any Budget
- The_Stir | At Home – Wed, Nov 28, 2012 10:21 AM EST
I've been going through ereaders like a fiend these past few months - it seems that either Amazon or Barnes & Noble release a new one every few weeks - so I think it's time we talked a bit about which one of the latest crop is best for various users.
More from The Stir: Is There a Good Alternative to the iPad?
First, a little background. Right now there are really only four ereaders you should be thinking about. From the tablet family - meaning devices that are like iPads - Amazon makes the Kindle Fire and B&N makes the Nook HD. In the e-ink camp - the devices with black and white, high-contrast screens - you have the Kindle Paperwhite and the Nook Simple Touch With Glowlight.
Your first question is simple: Do I want a color device that will let me watch movies and television shows or a basic device designed only for reading?
As an avid reader, I've found that dedicated e-ink devices that are devoid of games and other frippery allow me to read with moreRead More »from A Guide to EReaders: Which is the Best One for You?
Healthy Cooking and Kitchen SafetyThere have been many cases regarding food-borne illness over the past years. These majorly include food poisoning, which is caused by the intake of harmful food items. Such illnesses have been increasing lately.
Salmonella cases have risen by 10% from the last year. Consumers do not realize the risk that is incurred when they cook with unwashed hands. People are less bothered about their health but they should not ignore the doctor's fee for curing major diseases, which can be very expensive.
People should take the following precautionary measures to use their kitchen safely:
• Use sanitizer: A sanitizer can be used to clean the surfaces where food has been prepared. Almost all of the kitchen cleaners are workable. Even mixing bleach into lukewarm water can be used if cleaners are not available.
• Do not mix all the grocery items: Avoid mixing the grocery items, especially meat which gets tainted. PlaceRead More »from Basic Rules of Healthy Cooking and Kitchen Safety
Make sure Santa knows which stocking is yours by decking your halls (and mantels!) with these personalized stockings from Etsy.
See more from CountryLiving.com:
Read More »from 9 Personalized Christmas Stockings
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.
Between making travel plans and shopping for everyone on your Christmas list, you have enough to worry about besides bedecking your house for the holidays. Avoid these common decorating mistakes for a festive - and stress-free - season!
See more from HouseBeautiful.com:
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.Read More »from Top 10 Holiday Decorating Don'ts to Avoid
- Babble.com | At Home – Tue, Nov 27, 2012 3:04 PM EST
Advent calendars are meant, in part, to celebrate the anticipation of Christmas. However, for certain adults, the days leading up to Christmas can be filled more with dread and endless to-do lists than good tidings and cheer.Read More »from Not Your Kids’ Advent Calendar: 5 Grown-Up Ways to Countdown to Christmas
Thankfully, Santa has arrived early this year with a batch of advent calendars that contain plenty of cheer - and are meant for grown-ups-only to help get through what can be the chaos of the Yuletide season.
Take a look (and a bite or a sip):
Whiskey Business 1. Whiskey Business
If you're not kidding around, this is the advent calendar for you (with apologies in advance to your liver).
Related: 7 ways to shorten your gift list without being a Scrooge
More Truffle Than it's Worth? Never! 2. More Truffle Than it's Worth? Never!
Let the kids have the cheap chocolate wrapped in foil. We'll keep these truffles for ourselves.
Candy is Dandy AND Liquor is Quicker3. Candy is Dandy AND Liquor is Quicker
What better way to pass the time than with not one, but two favorite pastimes - chocolate and brandy all snuggled up
- Cheapism.com | At Home – Tue, Nov 27, 2012 11:57 AM EST
By Louis DeNicola, Cheapism.com
It's hard to beat curling up in bed on a cold winter day -- assuming you don't have old, shrunken, pilling sheets. If that describes your bedding, it's time to get a new set of sheets. You'll be using them every night, so it's worth spending a little money to make your bed inviting. Still, you don't need a stash of cash under your mattress to afford a decent set of sheets. Holiday sales often bring discounts on household linens, and Cheapism has found two queen sheet sets that retail for $50 or less -- no seasonal markdown necessary.Snuggle up with these affordable alternatives to expensive bed sheets.
Related: Inexpensive space heaters
- Royal Velvet Pure Perfection sheets (starting at $50 for a queen set) have a thread count of 325 and come in a variety of colors. Reviewers note that the color and fabric hold up well, even after several washes. These sheets are made with Egyptian cotton, which is known for its high quality. The sateen weave adds softness. Another desirable feature is the elastic around the
- Astrology.com Home and Garden Horoscopes | At Home – Tue, Nov 27, 2012 11:51 AM EST
Aries (March 21 - April 19)
Though it may take the whole evening, you will come to an agreeable conclusion with your housemate tonight. Soften up your opponent with roasted pork, and sweeten the deal with a homemade pie, preferably made from seasonal fruit.
Today's Aries Reading: Free Sample Maya-Aztec Reading
Taurus (April 20 - May 20)
Fill your world with sensuality today, using only the softest towels and wearing exquisite fabrics. The feel of terry cloth will be electrifying to you, and silk will have an unexplainable soothing effect. Allow yourself to be moved by something as simple as touch.
Today's Taurus Reading: Free Sample Past Life Reading
Read More »from Astrology.Com Daily Home & Garden Horoscopes -- Wednesday November 28, 2012
Gemini (May 21 - June 21)
You may be moving awfully fast today, but when you look at your to-do list, you'll find plenty to accomplish. First and foremost: Catch up on
Proper soil grading is a crucial part of preparing a lot for a home, or of adding additional landscaping to your home. If your lot is incorrectly graded, your topsoil will erode, and your beautiful lawn will quickly become a muddy mess. Depending on the location of your home on your lot, you could also end up with water in your basement after your first major storm.
Proper Grading Helps Prevent Basement Leaks
Basement flooding is no joke. Whether you have a finished or unfinished basement, a flood can cause thousands of dollars worth of damage in just a few hours. Luckily, most basement leaks can be prevented by proper soil grading. The type of grading you'll need to do will depend on the location of your house as well as how steep the existing grade is.
Proper Grading Helps Reduce ErosionRead More »from The Quick Guide to Proper Soil Grading
While soil grading can help you to fix or prevent a leaky
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST