I grew up in the mid 90's to early 2000's, and I've seen some great shows come and go. I've also seen some completely terrible shows come, and go. When I was a tween, ABC's TGIF lineup was must see tv. Step By Step, Family Matters, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, and Boy Meets World were wonderful shows that focused on family and were wholesome and funny at the same time.
After TGIF ended the WB came into play. For many girls my generation we watched as Joey tried to decide between Dawson and Pacey, for years; on Dawson's Creek. We watched as Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, and Angel made their debuts and became the biggest teen shows since Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place.
Then came Smallville, Veronica Mars, and Supernatural. These shows were geared toward a more mature audience from their inceptions, and somehow it worked. We loved to find out what Clark and Lana were up to, what crime was Veronica going to solve this week? And Hellloooo boys, Sam
- Kat F | At Home – Sat, May 26, 2012 3:24 PM EDT
I grew up in the mid 90's to early 2000's, and I've seen some great shows come and go. I've also seen some completely terrible shows come, and go. When I was a tween, ABC's TGIF lineup was must see tv. Step By Step, Family Matters, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, and Boy Meets World were wonderful shows that focused on family and were wholesome and funny at the same time.Read More »from The Rise and Fall of Teenage Shows on the CW Formerly the WB
If you're ready to start losing weight, but you don't want to follow a diet, I have good news. You can make a few "painless" changes to your everyday diet that will help you eat less, eat smarter, and lose weight!
1. Don't drink your calories. Beverages are bottomless these days -- you can't order a soft drink or iced tea at a restaurant without being provided quick, free refills, or having the freedom to get them yourself. To Read More »from 10 Ways to Lose Weight Without Going on a Diet
Weight loss is simple! There is no need to go on crazy diets or do too much exercise! It's not that difficult.
So what is the 'secret' when it comes to losing weight? Well, you need to be able to look at yourself and see a possibility of change. If you think it's a lost cause, it will be! You are your enemies biggest weapon (your enemy being your weight)!
Weight Loss is all about eating sensibly and exercising regularly, be it Read More »from The Secret to Simple Weight Loss
Greetings Readers!Read More »from Special Moments
This has been a fun week! I am feeling different and more empowered in my body daily. I'm getting stronger, more flexible, and energetic. This week I did push-ups with Ellen, a few 1 minute planks at the gym, ran on a treadmill, and reached my toes! True story: the sit-and-reach was the only fitness test that I could pass as a kid and I have not been able to reach past my toes while sitting down in a long time - like years, or at least I haven't tried. Well - I did reached those bad boys this week! I actually was able to stretch my legs straight out infront of me and reach past my toes for an extended amount of time (not bounce back like a rubberband) LOL It was great!
I have been slightly obsessing with the scale - weighing morning and night and sometimes mid-day. I am trying to stay healthy with the scale by only weighing-in a few times this week. The Golden Door scale weighs me in about 3-5 lbs less than my digital scale at home and I feel this
- Babble.com | At Home – Fri, May 25, 2012 3:21 PM EDT
baby coverWe are incredibly lucky to live in a beach community. Our house is about 2 miles from our favorite beach, and, except for days when the cursed marine layer brings cool temps and cloudy skies, we absolutely love where we live.Read More »from 7 Things You Need for the Beach with a Baby in Tow
It gives us the opportunity to head over for an afternoon at the beach whenever the mood strikes - and the mood strikes on a fairly regular basis, even in the winter months. Because we spend so much time at the beach, I've been able to learn a few lessons over the years that have made our beach adventures a fun and painless process.
With summer around the corner, I think it's safe to assume that many of you are in the process of planning beach vacations. So after Grandma has been notified, or your hotel or campground reservations are made, you can start planning the fun stuff. Hopefully, the tips I've put together will help make your beach vacation as relaxing, fun and stress free as possible! Because whether it's the ocean, a lake, or the side of a river,
- Babble.com | At Home – Fri, May 25, 2012 3:20 PM EDT
Celeb mom hottest bods of 2012!Us Weekly has a knack for giving compliments to entertainment's biggest stars, and has even included some flattering bits in their list of the Hot Bodies of 2012. What's one of the greatest things about this list? The many ladies who made the cut happen to be moms!Read More »from The 8 Hottest Bodies of 2012 ... And How They Stay This Way
These women are an inspiration for standing by their fitness and dietary regime to get these magazine-worthy results.
Are you ready to be amazed by celebrity moms who made the list and what they do to keep in such amazing shape?
Check them out right here!
Britney SpearsBritney Spears
Britney Spears adheres to a strict fitness and diet regime to keep her in shape for her busy life. She also makes work out time quality time with her boyfriend Jason Trawick. Britney told Ryan Seacrest, "We love to work out."
Source: Us Weekly
Related: 10 exercise tips for new moms
Bethenny FrankelBethenny Frankel
Bethenny has had struggles with her weight but now she feels confident in her body. She told Self Magazine that, "I used to starve, then binge, and I was 25
- Good Housekeeping | At Home – Fri, May 25, 2012 1:27 PM EDT
Outdoor tableclothGot company coming over for the holiday weekend? Here are some quick change-outs that can turn your backyard into an outdoor oasis.
1. Outdoor Tablecloths: One of the quickest ways to make your table really stand out is to dress it with an attractive outdoor tablecloth. Among our favorites: The Bardwill Indoor/Outdoor tablecloth. In our tests it was great at repelling liquids so you can wipe up a spilled Coke before it absorbs into and dirties the cloth. The soft to the touch material comes in stripes and traditional floral and tropical prints. If you're looking for a modern print, check out Hen House Linens. It carries an assortment of 100% cotton tablecloths in a variety of bright colors, geometric prints, and bold stripes.
Related: 5 Do-Ahead Tips for Outdoor Parties
Outdoor chair cushions2. Outdoor Cushions: Make your guests comfortable with new patio cushions. We found JCPenney's Outdoor Oasis Double Welt Seat Cushion incredibly comfy and resistant to backyard stains like ketchupRead More »from 5 Quick Backyard Spruce-Ups for Your Memorial Day BBQ
At present,we the inhabitants of this 'endangered' planet are experiencing odd weather conditions all over.Climatic change has occurred drastically.Temperatures have reached to such an extent that appear unbearable.All countries,rich or poor,are responsible and sufferer for this situation,though the rich are responsible mostly.Time has come to think over the matter and take required actions to save the world from catastrophe.Can't we unite to face this situation?Your opinions are invited.
- Astrology.com Home and Garden Horoscopes | At Home – Fri, May 25, 2012 11:46 AM EDT
Aries (March 21 - April 19)
You will take lessons in stride today. White carpet and your love of gardening are not exactly the perfect match, but sharing your gardening expertise with your children is. Clogs left outside and doormats on either side of the door should take care of most of the muck.
Today's Aries Reading: Free Sample Love Meter
Taurus (April 20 - May 20)
Pests are a fact of life. You do not have to be a bully to control them from harming what is yours. Cabbage loopers on your collard greens will become small brown moths. Garlic sprays and picking them off by hand will deter these critters.
Today's Taurus Reading: Free Sample Priority Shuffle Tarot Reading
Read More »from Astrology.Com Daily Home & Garden Horoscopes -- Tuesday May 29, 2012
Gemini (May 21 - June 21)
Your dual nature allows you to revel in the feeling of being a square peg in a round hole because it means you are an
This long weekend, use these 7 timeless tips for creating a beautiful country garden on a budget.Read More »from 7 Tips to Plant a Beautiful Garden — for Less!
1. "Cheap" is not a bargain.
Save up for important things - tools, fences, furnishings, containers, paving - and buy or build long-lasting items. Investing in quality can help you avoid the labor of having to replace items all too soon. If you're the handy type, you can save bundles by crafting and installing elements yourself.
You might also like: The $150 garden makeover »
2. Buy smaller plants
Nursey-grown plants can be pricey, and there are good reasons why: A gallon- or quart-size perennial usually represents at least two years' work by the nursery staff. Forgoing the gallons, concentrate on economical three-inch and 2 1/4-inch containers. But note, some plants aren't available in these smaller sizes because of their extensive root systems.
3. Shop end-of-season sales.
Take advantage of the green industry's equivalent of the department-store bargain basement: Your nursery would
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST