10 smart ways to rethink your closet organizationHave you looked at your closet recently and thought, "Umm, I should really get to organizing that?" I have, too, and I've found comfort in knowing there's a nice solid door to close and hide it all away. However, spring is almost here, which means it's time to bust those doors open and get to work. Here are 10 smart ways to rethink your closet organization.
Use Little Boxes
1. Use Little Boxes
Try organizing your closet with matching hangers and boxes to bring it all together.
2. Color Code
Color coding your closet makes it easy to shirts and pants.
Keep it Colorful
3. Keep it Colorful
Add hints of color to your organized closets to keep them interesting and pleasing to the eye.
4. Start Young
Start organizing kids' closets at an early age to teach them how to do it when they get older.
Related: The 10 best toy storage ideas - chic toy boxes, bins, and more!
Don't Forget Baskets and Labels
5. Don't Forget Baskets and Labels
Keep your linens and toiletries from getting scattered in big closets with baskets and labels.
Space it Out
6. Space it Out
10 smart ways to rethink your closet organizationHave you looked at your closet recently and thought, "Umm, I should really get to organizing that?" I have, too, and I've found comfort in knowing there's a nice solid door to close and hide it all away. However, spring is almost here, which means it's time to bust those doors open and get to work. Here are 10 smart ways to rethink your closet organization.Read More »from 10 Smart Ways to Rethink Your Closet Organization
- Babble.com | At Home – Tue, Mar 6, 2012 5:56 PM EST
The 10 Most Extravagant Houses in the WorldSome people choose to live small, paring down to the essentials. But that's not for everyone. Let's take a look at the world's biggest homes, where no expense is spared and every luxurious whim is fulfilled. These homes offer features you didn't know you wanted and could definitely live without. One owner thought a 2-car carport might feel a bit cramped so he gave himself a 6-floor parking garage. Hmmm ...Read More »from Living Large: The 10 Most Extravagant Houses in the World
1. Antilla, Mumbai
This 400,000 square foot home contains a 6-floor parking garage that, as of now, nobody uses.
Time to Boogie
2. Time to Boogie
You would never have to leave this Connecticut mansion, because it even has a nightclub inside. Hello, homebodies!
90210 Pays Off
3. 90210 Pays Off
Besides the massive size, the Spelling Mansion is also famous for its gift wrapping room.
If Only It Had More Rooms
4. If Only It Had More Rooms
This 2,152,782 square foot palace contains 1,788 rooms with 257 bathrooms.
Related: 25 amazingly tiny houses
For a Queen
5. For a Queen
Windsor Castle contains the famous Queen Mary's Doll House, which uses
- American Joe | At Home – Tue, Mar 6, 2012 4:02 PM EST
- American Joe | At Home – Tue, Mar 6, 2012 3:51 PM EST
Standing in bathroom lines for women is, unfortunately, a common occurrence. It's mostly because the venue, restaurant, or mall doesn't have enough stalls to accommodate us. However, sometimes it just requires a little ingenuity. After a long day of bike riding around the lake, some friends and I made our way to a remote Mexican restaurant for dinner. I couldn't wait to use the restroom and "freshen" up. I opened the door and of course there was a line! As I stood in the unmoving line and chatted to the woman who came in behind me, she said, "This never happens here!", and then she told me she loved my leopard faux fur boots. A women and her child came out of one stall and said, "That one doesn't flush". Aha, the problem was that everyone was waiting for one stall. I immediately went in and lifted the tank lid, and sure enough it was a simple fix. The handle chain had come unhooked from the flapper, the seal that lets the tank fill with water, and when lifted by the handle andRead More »from What Ever Girl Should Know
By Jennifer Bishop | Houzz.comRead More »from Get Organized! 8 Ways to Let Your Shoes Shine
Organizing doesn't have to be all function and no form. Our beloved shoe collections offer just the right opportunity to join the worlds of organizing and beauty. Whether your closet is palatial or puny, I think you'll find that these ideas can be adapted to any size space.
See more: Browse thousands of shoe storage photos
1. Using crown molding to hang heels on the wall is a great alternative to shelving. It can also be a great space-saver, since all of us don't have a walk-in closet, and this technique can be used on any wall.
Photo by Mark Lund Photo
2. Here's that same idea using wired shoe shelving instead. I've also seen towel rods used for this concept.
3. Pant hangers with adjustable clips are the perfect way to to keep boots from flopping over. No need to keep those boxes wheyou have this fantastic yet functional display.
Get inspired to redesign your closet
4. Taking your storage up above the door is a smart solution we can all turn to, now matter how small the
How does she look? That was the question friends, colleagues and my daughter-n-law asked when I said I was talking to Kirstie Alley. And the answer is that Kirstie, 62, looks good, curvy but trim, and the TV favorite who has had her shares of ups and downs appears definitely on an upswing these days.
Currently she is appearing as the Poise Fairy (Mother: Tooth Fairy, Father: Wood Nymph, Best Friend: Santa) who, in a series of lighthearted commercials, is trying to educate women about LBL (light bladder leakage.) Outfitted with lavender wings, the Fairy advises "Don't get freakin 'cause your leakin.'" And sprinkles (pun intended) some advice on picking the right pads, not period pads but Poise brand products that quickly absorb wetness and odor.
"I do not suffer from LBL," Kirstie admits. "In fact, when my girlfriends would say they laugh so hard when they are with me they wet theirRead More »from Kirstie Alley: Busier Than Ever
I believe that when it comes to FB some people need to come into this century!!! FB is like a giant journal where people go to vent or let others know maybe how their feeling or good news & bad. Is it right for some people to lose their jobs over their posts; NO! Well at least I don't believe so. WE ARE ALL HUMAN & were created differently for a reason & what or how people feel in their personal lives is just that PERSONAL!!! Sorry if this offends anyone or if your opinion is different than mine but come on we all have our own little quirks in life, right?
- Astrology.com Home and Garden Horoscopes | At Home – Tue, Mar 6, 2012 9:32 AM EST
Aries (March 21 - April 19)
Move the sexy magnetic poetry kit tiles off the side of your refrigerator as in-laws may arrive unexpectedly, and you might not want to give them too much information about you and your honey even though Valentine's Day is a week away.
Today's Aries Reading: Free Sample Chinese Luck Prosperity and Longevity Reading
Taurus (April 20 - May 20)
Wide-edged gold picture frames that hold black and white photos can be topped with black and white checkered bows for an appealing look atop an old roll-top desk. Just make sure the bow does not overpower the picture. In conversation today, make sure you do not overpower your friends -- listen too!
Today's Taurus Reading: Free Sample Friends and Lovers Reading
Read More »from Astrology.Com Daily Home & Garden Horoscopes -- Wednesday March 7, 2012
Gemini (May 21 - June 21)
Prepare today for next week's dinner party and you will be the
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST