- Look ahead at what 2014 holds for your sign with our free horoscopes.
Astrology's two largest true planets shape our aspirations and accomplishments. One, visionary Jupiter, begins the year in the sensitive Water sign of Cancer, where ambitions, beliefs and truths come through our emotions.
If you're curious to see how your unique birth chart will manifest itself this year, try running your Big Picture Yearly Forecast!
The other, karmic Saturn, spends virtually all of 2014 in fellow Water sign, Scorpio, which challenges us to look more deeply into our desires and to reevaluate our relationships. Answers we seek about career and life purpose are more likely to arise from instinct than intellect.
Major decisions need to feel right to ensure we're on the appropriate path. However, the tender nature of Water signs makes it possible to allow fear to undercut self-confidence and keep us from making important decisions. Considering the possible risks of our actions makes sense, but not when they deter us from seeking solutions and pressing ahead withRead More »from 2014 Horoscopes
- See if your sign will embrace or fall apart during this week's romantic cosmic happenings...
When it comes to love, we all want brilliant, enlightening communication and the ability to reach for your most enduring goals together. Ah, the stuff that every dream relationship is made of, right? Fortunately, this week it's all within your grasp. Tuesday's lively trine between Mercury and Uranus will promise support and interest as you and your mate share those bright ideas. Then, on Thursday, expansive Jupiter will connect with Saturn, helping you keep steady as you build up each other's hopes.
Have you longed to take your relationship to new spiritual heights? This week you just might begin that incredible journey. Don't be afraid to approach your sweetheart and open up about your spiritual or philosophical views. Even if they're a little bit "out there," your lover will find them endearing. In fact, the more unconventional you are in this department, the more attractive you'll be. Looking to buy a house or condo with your partner? This week thatRead More »from Weekly Love Horoscopes: December 9, 2013
- A candy cane martini is a fun drink for a holiday cocktail party.Hosting a holiday cocktail party is a wonderful way to celebrate the season with family and friends. Don't let stress slow you down; an effortless cocktail party that will entertain and delight your guests can be achieved! How can you pull it of? Follow these six simple steps.
1. Focus on your strengths.
Are you best with appetizers and cocktails? Or do you dazzle with desserts and wine? Stick to what you do well and what you enjoy when you're hosting a party during the holiday season. If you love to host, but need help in the kitchen, don't hesitate to enlist some support from willing guests.
2. Shine things up.
Don't worry about redecorating the house in time for your holiday cocktail party, but do spend time cleaning, focusing especially on the main floor where guests will be socializing. The Samsung Kitchen Suite is well-known for the anti-fingerprint coating on the stainless steel surface, making your kitchen appliances shine. If only your silverware and serving platters were asRead More »from Effortless Cocktail Party Ideas for Foodies
- Here are some tips to make the most of your holiday season
Decorating your home for the holidays isn't just about decking the halls with bright lights and shiny objects. It's about creating a happy, peaceful atmosphere that will brighten every day of the festive season for you, your family and friends. What makes your horoscope sign happy could be an all-out Las Vegas style Christmas tree with flashing, colored lights, or a more minimalist approach with simple, serene touches here and there.
We've rounded up these holiday decorating ideas to please every sign, whether you're an ambitious Capricorn, a design-oriented Libra or a sentimental Cancer. Even a last-minute Sagittarian or a bah-humbug Scorpio can choose one idea for creating a festive abode and run with it. Let's get started!
Aries (March 21 - April 19)
Let your childlike spirit come out to play. Indoors, hang angels with feathery wings and halos from the ceiling, and drape the walls and/or windows with tiny white lights. Surround yourself with soul-warming red and goldRead More »from Deck Your Halls with Happiness
- Monica Bullock | Author Blog Posts – Fri, Dec 6, 2013 4:00 PM EST
On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me, the Heart and Seoul Collection from Amarte! I don't know if that actually rhymes but if I were lucky enough to get a gift for each of the Twelve Days of Christmas, I definitely would want this holiday gift set to be one of them!
The Heart and Seoul Collection from Amarte Skin Care
First things first, about the packaging, I have to say, "Wow!" The Heart and Seoul Collection doesn't need to be wrapped--it's gorgeously packaged with a hard topped box that flips up. Tucked inside the pink colored box are five items that I couldn't wait to get my hands on:
- Daily Wonder ® Cleansing Foam (150 ml - 5.1 fl oz)
- Aqua Veil ® Hydrator (100 ml - 3.4 fl oz)
- HydroLift ® Cream (80 ml - 2.7 fl oz)
- Eyeconic ® Eye Cream (20 ml - 0.7 fl oz)
- Two versatile shades of Natural Finish™ BB Cream (10 ml each)
My skin type changed recently, I went from slightly dry to ultra dry so I loved (still love) the cleansing foam. It smelled slightly like cucumber, as did the Aqua Veil andRead More »from Indulgent Holiday Gifts: Amarte Heart and Seoul Collection
- Refinery29By Rebecca Taras, Refinery29
If you're looking for a way to fight the inevitable holiday bulge, the treadmill may not be your only ally. According to CNN, a new study published in the journal Appetite indicated that folks cut back on their food intake when it was placed on a red plate versus a white or blue one. Even though die-hard popcorn fans (one of the items tested) ate more than non-popcorn lovers, they still ate less on average.
RELATED: Is Soy Really That Bad For You? Here Are The FactsRead More »from Eating Off a Red Plate May Help Curb Your Hunger
But, don't run out to Crate & Barrel to stock up on some new tableware just yet. The participants in the study were not told the reason behind the tests. So, Oliver Genschow, who studies consumer psychology at the University of Mannheim, told CNN that "we don't know what will happen if people are conscious of their plate's color. Maybe it won't work anymore." So, there is still much research to be had on this theory. In the meantime, color us intrigued.
By: Brit + Co.Read More »from The 10 Weirdest Santa Hats Ever
When it comes to the holidays, you've gotta have the right accessories. From sparkly frocks to metallic shoes, we're all over the holiday style department. But you know one fashion topic we've totally neglected? Santa hats! Leave the classic red hat with white trim and a pom pom at home, and weird out your friends and family with one of these 10 totally strange Santa hats. And if you send us a photo of you in the turkey hat, you'll totally win something -- we just don't know what it is yet ;)
By: Brit + Co.Read More »from 20 Festive (and Free!) Holiday Printables
There's no turning back now -- the holidays are here! And with the holidays come parties, gifts, cards, and more. So, let us make some of your holiday planning easier by sharing 20 of our favorite festive holiday printables from all over the web. Oh, and you might want to stock up on some card stock (pun intended, obviously!) before you read through this article.
- The Ellen Show | Author Blog Posts – Tue, Dec 3, 2013 5:11 PM EST
Britney on Kissing Ryan Gosling in the Mickey Mouse Club
There were a lot of talented kids in that group! Britney Spears told Ellen about a round of Spin the Bottle she played with some of her castmates.
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST