.Pregnancy can be a beautiful time in a woman's life. Yet accompanying factors like nausea, fatigue and general aches and pains can make you wish those nine months went by a lot quicker than they actually do.
Certified Prenatal Massage Therapist Lisanne Franco, a Zeel Expert based in New York City, recently sat down with us to discuss how massage-specifically for pregnant women-can help to address some of these unavoidable side effects. Here, Lisanne tips us off to six ways massage therapy can enhance a woman's pregnancy.
1. Drug-free relief. Especially when pharmaceuticals are often forbidden, prenatal massage can offer a safe, drug-free way to reduce achy feet, swollen legs and more.
2. Boost the body's systems. Massage can enhance the nervous as well as the circulatory and lymphatic systems, which are responsible for reducing swelling.
3. Rejuvenate your joints. Massage alleviates stress on the joints of the lower body-a definite plus as a pregnant woman begins to
By: StacyAtZeelRead More »from 6 Ways Massage Therapy Eases Pregnancy Pains
- TheDailyZeel | Author Blog Posts – Fri, Oct 12, 2012 3:51 PM EDT
By: StacyatZeelRead More »from Ask the Expert: How Do I Choose the Right Exfoliant?
The following article was contributed by Zeel Expert Barbara Lynn Cantone, President of Body & Soul Restorations, Inc.
Regular exfoliation is a part of any well-rounded skin-care routine and the key to maintaining the appearance of a smoother, hydrated and evenly-toned complexion. We see exfoliants everywhere in the skin-care industry-the market is flooded with products ranging from lotions to electronic brushes. It's not surprising that choosing the correct exfoliant for your skin can be a confusing process. So, let's start with the basics.
What is exfoliation?
Exfoliation is simply the process of removing dead cells that have built up on the skin so that newer cells can move to the surface, resulting in skin that is smoother and more evenly toned. This process is called keratinization. Keratinization occurs naturally in our skin, but we can speed up the process with manual exfoliation.
Exfoliation is beneficial for maturing and/or environmentally damaged skin
The Price We Must Pay For Our Father's SinsRead More »from The Price We Must Pay for Our Father's Sins
Novel: Based on the life of Priscilla Emerson and her family
Priscilla was a beautiful young woman who graduated from law school, with a promising future in the field of law. However, on the day she became Mrs. Jim Elliott, everyone of her dreams were destroyed. Jim Elliott was not an ordinary man, he was possessed with demons. But, Priscilla didn't realize this horrible truth about her husband, until it was too late. The price Priscilla and their children paid for Jim's sins were so great, it caused their son Tony, to ask, "Why, must we pay for our father's sins?"
Please click on the link below to read this novel.
This is a "Slice of life" story, great for film or TV movie.
Ellen J. Barrier
- Popdust | Author Blog Posts – Fri, Oct 12, 2012 11:22 AM EDT
Are there enough hours in the day to be the Maroon 5 frontman and a judge on The Voice and still have time to get your downward dog on? Adam Levine has figured out how to make this work, so take note if you're a yogi looking to front a band and a reality performance competition...Read More »from Inside the Daily Routine of Maroon 5's Adam Levine
"Depending on the time of year and if the band is going on tour or if I'm preparing for a live performance on The Voice; it can range from 0-5 hours."
"Worrying is a natural human emotion. I try not to worry because there's just too many things out of your control. That said, I do worry about some things so I think I probably about 1-3 hours a day."
"1-2 hours at least. If it's a really stressful day and I can do it, I'll make time for a second Yoga session. My instructor is amazing and always available."
"I'm not really a fidgeter, but I do tend to get restless; so I probably fidget around for an hour or 2 if I'm not staying busy."
Read More »from Save Me from the Dark Chpt 3
When I walked into the house it was black. Then a zombie walked in with bloody clothes and one eye. I let out a yelp! Then the zombie rip me lim from lim.
" WAKE UP "! screamed my mom. I woke up in the back of the car with beads of sweat stuck to my forehead. " Are we in Forks already! ", I said sadly. My mom and John exchanged looks. Then my mom smiled a very fake smile that let me know somthing what wronge. " Sky honey, Well we read the dircetions very wronge.We are in Savannah.
" Ya Think! " I looked at out the foggy window and let on a puff of air. " Wheres the house. " I said sitting back in my chair like a baby
" Oh its right up the hill. We are driving now. Just sit back and and enjoy the ride ". My mom preached happily. With nothing eles to do, I texted Luke:
L: Made it there aready
S: Naw. We at this place called " savannah" . Know it???
L: Ya! I go down they to fish with my grandpa some times
S: you have to visit me then :)
L: Did you read
- Popdust | Author Blog Posts – Thu, Oct 11, 2012 5:27 PM EDT
The Awesome Aussie Cody Simpson (who topped our "18 Under 18" list) told us his 34 favorite things in the world. If you're lucky enough to get an invite to the "Paradise" singer's Sweet 16, use these as a gift-giving tips...
Favorite TV Show
Strawberry Daquiri (Virgin)
Favorite Reality Star
Kit Kat BarRead More »from 9 Things Teen Pop Star Cody Simpson Can't Live Without
Don't wait until Spring to test out the prettiest eye makeup look showcased at designer Anthony Vaccarello's 6th collection for Spring 2013. "I used texture in the makeup look to mimic the new line and matched teh silky fabrics with soft metallics in wearable shades of color," Estee Lauder makeup artist Tom Pecheux explained, "The idea was to reflect water." Read on for tips for how to perfect those shimmering peepers.Read More »from Beauty How To: Spring's Icy Blue Eye Makeup Now
Read More:Hot New Hair Trends from Spring 2012
1. Swipe black on the outer corners of the top lashes, and brown on the outer corners of the bottom lashes, using a product like Estee Lauder Sumptuous Two Tone Eye-Opening Mascara.
Read More: Top 14 Eyeliners You Need to Try Now
2. Rim the eyes with a creamy turquoise pencil, then, using a soft brush, blot over the line with steel and soft metallic pink shadows. Dab the lids with gloss to create a "melted on" effect.
3. Try: MAKEUP FOR EVER Aqua Cream in Pink Beige and Steel, $23, Sephora.com; NARS Soft Touch Shadow
Serums, oils, balms, and more that will add ease to your daily styling routine and keep your locks healthy and strong-not to mention looking fabulous!
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.Read More »from Best Products for African American Hair
When you're house shopping, you have to also shop for a neighborhood. But how exactly can you find the right neighborhoodand a home at the right price point? Well, one of the ways you can buy your way into a great home and neighborhood and stretch your buying dollar is to find a neighborhood that is in transition. Called "fringe" or "transitional" neighborhoods, they are typically close to major metropolitan areas and were once neglected and less desirable, but have been gentrified.
Buying in a transitional neighborhood for your first house allows you to get into the market relatively cheaply and build some equity. Your house gains value as the neighborhood improves. It may not be your dream location now, or the seaside beach community you want to retire to, but over time you will build even more equity and then move on at some point.
How to find that perfect diamond in the rough? Here are two ways:
1. Has a Starbucks just opened on the corner or maybe a Whole FoodsRead More »from How Starbucks Can Help You Get a House Deal
The trip to Europe was successful, It was a wonderful experience . I met up with my wife and her sisterRead More »from Solo Vacation ---together Pt 2
a couple of hours of my wife's arrival. It took a major leap of faith to go all that way not knowing if or
when I'd get there.
Over all it was good thing, but with a few bumps along the way. There was a even chance that I could
show up at all and when I did the look on everyone face told it all, ( I felt like I was a lost dog that now I
was there they couldn't kick me out in the street ) Even my wife's face was like , wow now what do we do.
But after that we went to dinner and they took me in.
We took in the sights and enjoyed the stay, ( to be honest, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law went out
of their way to make sure I had reservations to the museums they had made)
It was a little awkward and a couple of times things got heated but nothing earthshaking. We finally got out own room for a night and i felt better that we could be alone for a while. I'm glad I went and my
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST