Grilled Drumsticks with Oranges and Green Olives
Whether you're cooking over charcoal or gas, these delicious grilled dishes are sure to become family favorites.
By Erica Policow
1. Grilled Drumsticks with Oranges and Green Olives
Drumsticks have much more flavor than chicken breasts, you can eat them with your fingers and they are usually inexpensive. For a bit of exotic allure, serve them with a Moroccan-inspired mixture of oranges and olives enlivened with lemon juice, garlic and hot peppers.
Get the recipe for Grilled Drumsticks with Oranges and Green Olives
2. Grilled Cowboy Steak with Barbecued Leeks
This dish is a variation on a classic. Leeks are a nice change from the usual grilled onions that accompany steaks. Instead of serving it with a typical horseradish sauce, mix chopped dried apricots with whole-grain mustard to make a delicious condiment for the meat.
Get the recipe for Grilled Cowboy Steak with Barbecued Leeks
3. Maple-Glazed Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes have a wonderful earthy sweetness that is
Grilled Drumsticks with Oranges and Green OlivesRead More »from Best of IVillage: Grilling Recipes
- Intent.com | Author Blog Posts – Mon, Jul 30, 2012 7:42 PM EDT
By The Chopra Well
Perez Hilton. Celebrity gossip guru turned spokesman for holistic wellbeing? There is a lot more to this internet sensation than meets the eye.
In the latest episode of The Chopra Well show, WHO ARE YOU, Deepak Chopra interviews Perez Hilton on consciousness, life purpose, and personal transformation. First on the agenda, though, is Perez's dramatic weight loss. Many of Perez's followers undoubtedly noticed his incredible body transformation in recent years. With exercise and portion control, he lost between 70 and 80 pounds, surgery free!
"Was your motivation spiritual?" Deepak asks. Well, to be honest, it wasn't. Perez wanted to "get laid." This isn't the first time someone hit the gym to look hot on date night, and it probably won't be the last. But the process soon assumed spiritual dimensions, as well. More than a weight-loss, before-and-after story, Perez relates how the journey expanded his mind and made him aware of a universal source of energy.
Fifty Shades of Menopause
Everyone has fantasies. Normally, we women keep them quiet, which has created the myth and lead many men to believe that women do not fantasize. E L James has debunked that theory with her best seller, Fifty Shades of Grey (and when I say debunk, I mean she's sent it to the landfill and incinerated it). In July, total sales of the series topped 20 million (after being released in just March of this year) matching the same sales record as the Stieg Larsson trilogy although it took that series more than three years to meet the same mark. In reading E L's so-called "mommy porn" this spring, I was immediately hooked. I also can't say "mommy porn" without a good chuckle.
Trust me (or ask my husband), I am not the type that wants to be told what to do - anytime, anywhere - so why did I find myself squirming with excitement on the airplane while reading about the "Red Room of Pain"? Yes, I was openly reading the second book, Fifty Shades Darker, on an airplane! The woman across theRead More »from Menopause Mondays: Fifty Shades of Menopause
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST