It's your turn to be princess! Word on the street is that Princess Kate Middleton has been taking cooking classes! With this cupcake recipe, you can follow in her footsteps and enjoy the (sweet) spoils of power.
Pink-frosted mini cupcakes
Mini yellow Laffy Taffy bars
Red decorator gel
Related: Mini caramel apples, a pumpkin smoothie, and 9 delicious recipes inspired by your favorite Disney princesses
1. To make the crown, place a wrapped mini yellow Laffy Taffy in a cup of warm water for 2 to 3 minutes to soften it. Unwrap it, then flatten it with a rolling pin until it's 1-1/4 by 3-3/4 inches. Use a knife to straighten the strip's edges.
2. With the tip of a teaspoon, cut five arches along one edge, as shown. Join the ends to form a crown and seal the seam with a few drops of water. Let it sit for about 10 minutes to harden slightly.
3. Dip the bottom of the crown into white
Blog Posts by Disney Spoonful
It's your turn to be princess! Word on the street is that Princess Kate Middleton has been taking cooking classes! With this cupcake recipe, you can follow in her footsteps and enjoy the (sweet) spoils of power.Read More »from Eat like Royalty with Crowned Cupcakes
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – 8 hours ago
Yum!Celebrate the return of Arrested Development with a homemade frozen banana! It's perfect for a viewing party, and packs a healthy dose of fruit and potassium!Read More »from Try Your Hand at the Banana Stand: A Frozen Treat You Can Make at Home
1/3 cup creamy nut butter (I like a combination of almond and peanut)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
6 wooden craft sticks
Related: Go bananas with ice cream, muffins, and 23 more a-peeling recipes featuring the fruit
1. Mix nut butter and cinnamon together.
2. Cut each banana in half and then slice each half lengthwise.
3. On one side of each half, spread the nut butter mixture and press a stick flat onto it, about halfway up. Add other half of the banana and press together. Freeze for about 45 minutes.
4. In a small saucepan (or in a microwavable bowl), melt coconut oil and chocolate chips together, stirring until smooth. With a spatula or table knife, spread a thin layer of the
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – Wed, May 22, 2013 2:03 PM EDT
Microwavable Cake! Quick! Who can bake a chocolate cake in only one minute? You can! With this miraculous Minute Microwave Cake, rich and delicious chocolate cake is only moments away!Read More »from Microwave to the Rescue! Chocolate Cake is Only 60 Seconds Away
4 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
4 tablespoons Sugar
3 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
3 tablespoons Milk
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
Related: Coconut, pumpkin, and 8 more delicious no-bake cake recipes
1. In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients -- flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt.
2. Stir in egg, milk, and vegetable oil.
3. Pour batter into a single coffee mug, or two ramekins. Make sure they are microwaveable.
4. Microwave on high for one minute and 30 seconds in a (lightly-greased) mug, or 45 seconds in a ramekin.
5. If the batter isn't fully-cooked, microwave an additional 15 seconds on high, repeating if necessary, until fully cooked. Remember that microwaved
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – Wed, May 22, 2013 1:53 PM EDT
The perfect refresher!I love making horchata for my family. Once in a while, I like to surprise them by adding fruit juice to the recipe. It's a great way to incorporate extra vitamins into this classic Mexican beverage. Here's a tropical twist to our family's favorite recipe.Read More »from Sweet Sips! Add Pineapple Juice to a Classic Mexican Horchata
1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked and rinsed
2 cinnamon sticks, broken in small pieces
1/2 cup sugar, or to taste
1 anise star, broken in small pieces
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, more for garnish
3 cups fresh pineapple juice
Related: Strawberry lemonade, peanut-butter blast, and 14 other cool summer drinks
1. In a blender, combine rice, cinnamon sticks and star anise with 4 cups water. Pulse to blend. Transfer to a large bowl and add another 4 cups water. Soak at room temperature for 4 hours.
2. Return mix to blender and blend until smooth. Run through a fine sieve into a pitcher.
3. Add pineapple juice, stir to combine.
4. Add sugar and chill.
The best way to get your spinach! Family dinner night has never tasted so good! These cheesy calzones are delicious and fun to make with the whole family. Use store-bought pizza dough for a simple dinner prep.Read More »from A Spinach Calzone Unlike Any You've Known!
1 store-bought or homemade pizza dough
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, for dusting
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup fresh baby spinach
1 tablespoon water
You can find pizza dough at most specialty grocery stores in the freezer section. Thaw before use.
Related: Armadillo potatoes, vegetable cobbler and 23 of the best veggie-filled recipes for picky eaters
1.Preheat oven to 500°F. Dust a clean work surface with 1/4 cup flour. Place the dough in the flour and coat all sides. With a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a 12-15 inch circle. Dust a baking stone or baking pan with the remaining flour and transfer the dough onto the floured baking stone.
2. Spoon marinara
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – Tue, May 21, 2013 1:57 PM EDT
Easy, delicious and nutritious! You don't have to fuss over appetizers at your next get-together when you make this dip. Literally throw everything needed in a slow-cooker, step away, and let it do all of the hard work. When this deliciously creamy and cheesy dip is finished, pour it into a serving bowl or keep it warm by serving it directly from the slow-cooker. Serve it with chips, crackers, or fresh bread for an appetizer everyone will love.Read More »from Time is on Your Side: Slow-Cooker Spinach & Artichoke Dip
10 ounce bag baby spinach, fresh or frozen
1 can (14 ounces) artichokes, drained and chopped
8 ounces sour cream
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup feta
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Related: Fried mac and cheese balls, Mexican sushi bites, and 33 more ingenious party snacks
Create a light version by substituting skim milk, reduced fat
- Disney Spoonful | Team Mom – Mon, May 20, 2013 5:25 PM EDT
Rocking Gnome Homes This was such a fun project because I was able to involve my 4-year-old with every step of of the process. We spent the morning at our favorite exploring park and gathered stones together, carefully choosing the very best ones to bring home. Then, instead of cleaning the dirt off by myself, I filled up a tub with warm, soapy water, and the two of us sat outside in the sunshine and scrubbed our rocks clean with old toothbrushes. He thought that was the funniest thing in the world, by the way. Rocks don't have teeth! After our rocks dried off, we painted rocks together and turned them into these sweet little gnome homes. Once they were completed, it was fun to find special places in the garden to place the tiny gnome homes.Read More »from Gnome's Sweet Home! Make a Rocking Village for Your Garden
Small rocks, cleaned and dry
Spray on varnish
Related: 13 delightful dwellings for fairies and gnomes
1.Start with a clean, dry stone. Place the rock on a flat surface to see how it sits and the best orientation.
2. Cover the
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – Mon, May 20, 2013 4:07 PM EDT
A delicious dinner option.This is one-pot cooking at it's finest! Simple enough for an everyday meal but so delicious and impressive it's even perfect for entertaining. Slow braising makes these chicken thighs fall-apart tender while the vegetables soak up all of that beautiful chicken and herb flavor! Easy prep and an hour in the oven makes this a simple dinner or create it in a slow-cooker for an even easier option.Read More »from A One-Pot Winner: Braised Chicken Thighs with Veggies
8 chicken thighs, skin on
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon canola oil
6 small new potatoes, halved
1 cup baby carrots
1 onion, sliced in half rings
1/2 cup pitted olives
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
Related: 26 of our favorite light-and-easy chicken dishes
This can be made in a slow-cooker. Simply place potatoes, onions, carrots, and garlic in the base of a large crock pot. Sear seasoned
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – Fri, May 17, 2013 6:42 PM EDT
The perfect graduation treat! Congratulations to all the grads out there! To celebrate commencement, here is an easy-to-make Graduation Cap Pop! The perfect treat for your graduation party!Read More »from Candy Pops & Circumstance: A Grad Party Treat They'll Love
Small Peanut Butter Cups
Chocolate Squares, or Fudge-covered Graham Crackers, or Square Chocolate Mints, or chop a Chocolate Bar into a square, or use a candy mold to make chocolate squares
Sour candy "belts"
Lollipop Sticks (available in craft or cooking aisles/stores)
Related: Cheesy diplomas, happy-face cakes and 14 other graduation party recipes
1. Chill chocolates beforehand, on a plate for several minutes, to make them easier to handle (without melting). Keep them on the chilled plate while working, and if they begin to get soften, return to refrigerator.
2. Unwrap candies, and if you like, arrange groups of squares, peanut butter cups, and choose mini M&Ms to match your school colors.
3. While the chocolates chill,
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – Fri, May 17, 2013 4:04 PM EDT
Creamy Chicken Noodles in celebration of Glover's victory! Last night, Ryan Seacrest announced that Candice Glover was crowned season 12's American Idol. So, what makes up an American Idol? A beautiful voice of course, a friendly personality, Mariah Carey's approval, the hearts of America, and creamy chicken noodles? Yes! Celebrate Glover's victory with her favorite meal. You will love this diva-licious dinner - and who knows, maybe you will be the next American Idol!Read More »from Ingredients of an Idol: Dinner with American Idol Candice Glover
3 lbs. chicken thighs
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup evaporated milk
2 tablespoons minced onion or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3 tablespoons fat from cooking thighs
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound noodles, cooked al dente and kept warm
Related: 26 of our favorite light-and-easy chicken dishes
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place chicken thighs on a rack over a baking pan.
3. Bake for 1 hour or until juices run clear and a thermometer inserted in