Source: Before Your Big Day: Reach Your Goals and Eliminate Stress
Getting bogged down in the muck of wedding planning does not need to consume all of your thoughts and zap your energy. This is a joyous time of excitement and celebration after all! Whether you're a few months out or you have just one week before your big day, these tips will help you keep calm, carry on, and feel like the best version of yourself when you say "I do."
Pencil in workouts: Just like any of your other appointments and obligations around your wedding, workouts need to be a priority during this time. Make appointments with trainers or hit up a Zumba class with a group of girlfriends; just make sure you get there. The last thing you want to do is binge exercise right before your wedding - or worse, regret any lack of effort on your part when you go to walk down the aisle.
Set healthy limits: Knowing yourself is integral when it comes to devising a healthy plan to prep for your big day. Going for a clean
Blog Posts by FitSugar
- FitSugar | Healthy Living – 20 hours ago
Source: Before Your Big Day: Reach Your Goals and Eliminate StressRead More »from Before Your Big Day: Reach Your Goals and Eliminate Stress
- FitSugar | Healthy Living – 20 hours ago
Source: Websites That Offer Free (or Dirt-Cheap) Yoga Classes
Yoga may be blissful, but it isn't cheap! Depending on where you live, classes can run you an average of $15 to $20 a pop. Dropping $50 or more for yoga classes each week isn't an option for everyone, but we can all benefit from a regular practice. The Internet is bursting with free full-length classes or shortened yoga routines. If you're willing to pay a little, then you'll be able to view a greater variety of videos. Here are some sites to check out.
- Yoga Today: This site offers one free class each week, and if you're itching for more, download other classes for $4 each. You can choose ones geared toward your ability level, or choose by instructors you like. If you're really into it, pay $90 for a yearly membership, which includes unlimited classes. Store them on your computer, and follow along anywhere you happen to be.
- Yoga Journal: For beginners and advanced yogis, these videos, ranging in length from
Source: How to Drop Those Last 5 Pounds
In the beginning of a weight-loss journey, pounds melt away like ice on a hot Summer's day. But as you get closer to your goal, it's not unusual to hit a plateau. Here's how to keep those pounds dropping and keep the weight off for good.
- Beef up your workouts: If you've been steadily working out and following the same routine, your body has probably grown accustomed to the routine. Rattle your body's chain a little and kick up the intensity of your workouts to further challenge your muscles. Work out longer or harder, increase the size weights you're lifting, do more reps of strength-training moves and vary the order, or try doing two workouts in one day.
- Go for fiber: Since your metabolism is already working pretty efficiently, eat fibrous foods that take longer to digest, so your body has to expend more energy to break them down. Fruits, veggies, whole grains, nuts, and legumes are where it's at, but focus on these foods with
POPSUGAR FitnessSource: Flat Belly, Fast: 15 Ways to Debloat Today
Slimming down for Summer takes time and dedication, but a few quick tricks can help you feel a little bit lighter in just one day. Read on to get our tips on how to feel less bloated and puffy - and have a flatter belly - by the end of today!
- Morning: Drink Hot Water and Lemon: A mug of hot lemon water in the morning wakes up your digestive system and helps get things moving. You can drink green tea with lemon if you don't like the taste of warm lemon water on its own.
- Morning: Go Dairy-Free: Many people feel belly discomfort after eating dairy. If that's you, leave out the cream and yogurt from your morning breakfast. These dairy-free breakfast recipe ideas will help you nix the yogurt, cheese, and milk to see if you feel better.
- Morning: Detox With Yoga: Yoga twists help rid your body of toxins by helping your digestion. This yoga detox sequence includes plenty of twists and stretches to help you wake up and
Source: 6 Foods to Avoid Before You Hit the BeachRead More »from 6 Foods to Avoid Before You Hit the Beach
We know you're spending plenty of time getting your body bikini ready with healthy food and fun workouts. While taking note of these tips to make bathing suit shopping easier is a great start, being equipped with as many tools as possible will help you feel confident before running around on the beach. In case you're concerned about unnecessary extra bloat before you rock your bikini, here are six foods to avoid right before you hit the beach.
Carbonated drinks: While you've hopefully taken the initiative to say goodbye to soda for good, sparkling water can be a decent substitute if you can't get enough of those bubbles. With that said, it's best to avoid any carbonated drinks before you hit the beach to steer clear of unnecessary belly bulge or gas.
Salt: Supersalty foods or added salt don't necessarily make you gassy, but they definitely make you retain water. Even though those cantina chips and salsa may seem like the ideal
Source: 6 Smart Add-Ins For Your Next Smoothie
If your diet is lacking in enough nutrients, adding a smoothie to your diet can help immensely. Toss any of these six ingredients into your next smoothie along with your favorite fruits to get their nutritious benefits without sacrificing taste.
- Broccoli: The fiber-rich vegetable helps keep you full without changing the taste of even your favorite smoothie combinations. You can use raw broccoli or steam it quickly first for a smoother consistency. This 330-calorie peanut butter, broccoli, and strawberry smoothie will keep you full throughout the morning.
- Chia seeds: If you're looking to start the day right, add a tablespoon of chia seeds into every smoothie. The high-fiber seeds are also a great source of anti-inflammatory omega-3s, so you'll feel full and ready to take on your morning. A berry chia seed smoothie recipe masks the taste and texture of chia seeds if you're not a fan.
- Green tea: Want a little energy boost in your
Source: Don't Make These Mistakes at the Grocery StoreRead More »from Don't Make These Mistakes at the Grocery Store
Cooking your own meals is healthy and economical, but making that trip to the supermarket without a plan can lead to high-calorie habits. Make sure you don't make these mistakes on your next grocery store run.
Starting in the middle: You should focus on shopping the perimeter of your grocery store, since you can fill your cart with fresh produce, whole grain staples, and protein-rich dairy without being distracted by frozen treats and processed foods. if you're looking to grab a treat or two, make your way to the middle after you've stocked up on your healthy items.
Going hungry: A recent study confirmed what everyone who's ever shopped hungry already knows - you grab more unhealthy and higher calorie foods (think junk food) when you're ravenous. If it's been awhile since you've eaten and it's time to go to the store, grab a healthy snack before you go like yogurt, a piece of fruit, or a protein bar to sate your hunger until
- FitSugar | Healthy Living – Thu, May 16, 2013 12:24 PM EDT
POPSUGAR FitnessSource: Take Charge! 5 Things You Can Do to Reduce Cellulite
You're trying on a new swimsuit, and when you turn around to see your cute tush, you notice something not so cute - cellulite. When fat cells push up against our skin and the fibrous tissue that connects our skin to our muscle pulls down, we're left with dimply, orange-peel-looking flesh. Although you can't get rid of cellulite completely - and just about all women have it - here are five things you can do to reduce its appearance.
- Melt Away Fat With Cardio: Cellulite is a type of fat, and the tried-and-true way to get rid of fat is to burn it off. Intense cardio workouts such as running, cycling, hiking up hills, or taking cardio classes are your greatest weapon. Note that it may take several months to decrease your overall percentage of body fat and notice a difference in your skin's appearance.
- Tone Up: Once you decrease the fat on your body, tone strong, lean muscle by doing strength-training moves that
Source: How to Add Strength Training to Outdoor Runs
Hitting the open road has many benefits over running on a treadmill - fresh air and sunshine, gorgeous scenery to prevent boredom, and you can also run with your four-legged fitness buddy. You also have more freedom of movement to incorporate muscle-toning moves into your runs, and here's how.
- Run baby run: While running in general will tone your legs and booty, adding sprinting intervals is even more effective. Incorporate 30- to 60-second bursts throughout your workout and you're sure to feel your lower body working. Since you're outside, you can use landmarks to motivate you such as sprint to the stop sign or until you see five red cars, or if you're on a track, sprint the straights.
- Walk this way: Sprints aren't the only type of interval you can include. When you need to catch your breath after a sprint, throw in a few sets of walking lunges to target your glutes, quads, and hamstrings.
- Head for the
- FitSugar | Healthy Living – Thu, May 16, 2013 12:15 PM EDT
Source: 5 Reasons You've Hit the Dreaded Weight-Loss Plateau
You were happily losing weight eating right and exercising, but with five more pounds left to go, the scale stopped budging. Find out what can cause weight loss to hit a wall and what you can do about it.
- I'm all about breakfast, lunch, and dinner: When counting and restricting your calorie intake, it makes sense to eat fewer times a day. The problem with this is it can make blood sugar levels rise and fall like a roller coaster, which slows down metabolism. Keep that metabolism going strong by eating throughout the day, every few hours. Keep those three meals, but sprinkle 150-calorie snacks in between.
- I'll just have a salad: Just as eating too many calories can cause you to hit a weight-loss wall (or even gain weight), not eating enough calories can also prevent you from slimming down. If your body senses that it's not getting enough, your metabolism will slow down and hold onto fat. So be sure not to skip