By Amy Sinatra Ayres | vetstreet.com
Hunter is credited with saving his family just two weeks after he was adopted.Just two weeks after Hunter, a 3-month-old Husky mix, was adopted from a Michigan shelter, he returned the favor by rescuing his new family.
Hunter woke owner Jill McLarty around midnight last Wednesday with nonstop whining. McLarty brought the puppy outside, but he just sat on the ground and kept whining. She brought him back inside to her bedroom, where he continued to whine before running in circles and leading McLarty to the kitchen.
McLarty turned on the lights and saw Hunter sitting in front of the stove. That's when she noticed that one of the burners was on very low, so it was leaking gas into the house where the family was sleeping. The McLartys think the burner must have been on for about six hours, since they made dinner. After she turned the stove off and checked to make sure everything was OK, Hunter went right to sleep for the night. "He saved our lives, anything could've happened that night," said Jill's husband, Tim. "AsRead More »from Rescue Puppy Saves Family from Gas Leak