Before a hot date, you (hopefully) shower, put on clean underwear, dress up nicely and generally get gussied up. If there's any chance you'll end up back at your place, then your bedroom deserves the same sort of preparation and attention. Here are ten steps to turning your bedroom into a genuine love nest.
- Invest in sheets with a decent thread count--there's nothing sexy about your bare skin against the equivalent of burlap. And please wash them regularly (i.e. more than once a year).
- Make sure your bed gives you both proper support, because if you've got a bad back, you're not going to feel much like pelvic thrusting.
- Get rid of the bright overheads and decorate with some soft, flattering, low lights in various corners-even better if you put them all on dimmers.
- Don't put one side of your bed against a wall-that's for kiddies and college students.
- You should remove any of the following: photos of family and in-laws, work-related materials, towering piles