What a Wiener
Dear Em & Lo,
My a-hole live-in boyfriend cheated on me for more than a year before I found out and dumped him. I found out because I was suspicious and snooped on his laptop while he was out and found hundreds of emails between them. I also found photographs of her in these emails. I read the emails from her and she doesn't seem very funny or all that smart, and she's way less attractive than me, too. I'm not a vain person, but I definitely have a better body than she does. I always figured that if he cheated on me, it'd be for someone way hotter and younger, or better than me in some way, someone who offered something I can't. WTF?
- Too Good for This
Who knows why your boyfriend cheated on you with this woman? Maybe she makes a mean blueberry cheesecake, maybe she just luuuurves going down on him, maybe she's rich, maybe she saves baby birds when they fall out of trees, maybe she's going to put your boyfriend in her next movie, maybe she's a good drinking buddy,
Blog Posts by EMandLO.com
What a WienerRead More »from Why Do Men Cheat Down?
Woman curled up.This article originally appeared on ArchetypeMe.com:
Sure, immediately after you've been dumped, you'll probably want to do nothing more than drown your sorrows in cheap wine while watching the entire series of Felicity on Netflix. Twice. But after a while, those hangovers will get old, and you'll find yourself ready to do something other than sob into your pillow. When you reach that point, here are some things to try…
1. Get Busy
Start a blog, take up a new hobby (preferably one where you'll meet new people, like joining a running club), read a novel, write a novel, paint your room, learn how to take really good photographs, sort out your closet and host a clothing swap, learn chess with a friend, teach yourself Chinese-basically, keep yourself busy with something that will make you feel good about yourself afterwards. (Meaning, watchingFelicity a third time doesn't count.)
2. Look Better
We like to call this a "breakover"-because nothing will motivate you more onRead More »from 5 Good Ways to Get Over Your Ex
- EMandLO.com | Love + Sex – Tue, Aug 6, 2013 11:18 AM EDT
ABC's Bachelorette will give one final rose to the guy she believes to be the man of her dreams!Rebound sex, or even a rebound relationship is understandable after a bad breakup. But a rebound engagement? Probably not a good idea (especially if you can't stop crying throughout the entire process).
Having equally weird families (overly aggro brothers, overly handsy dads, etc) can really bond a couple, because each can understand and empathize with the familial pain and embarrassment of the other.
Being proud and having a sense of shame have no place in true love. If you have to get your nose adjusted on television with a really unflattering camera angle, you do it. If you have to read your bad "poetry" over and over again in public because the object of your affection enjoys it, you do it. And if you have to settle for second place, you do it.
In all seriousness: Love doesn't have to be hard. While a chase can make things exciting, if you're really looking for a lifetime marriage, then the practical stuff (kindness, commitment, enthusiasm, stability, willingness to make a fool outRead More »from Top 5 Love Lessons Learned from the Bachelorette (The Finale)
- EMandLO.com | Love + Sex – Thu, Aug 1, 2013 11:47 AM EDT
A We chatted with Tracey Cox, author of the new book Dare: What Happens When Fantasies Come True, about how to make your own sexual fantasy come true.Read More »from How to Make Your Fantasy Come True
EM & LO: When you were researching women's fantasies for this book, what was the most common fantasy that you kept seeing?
TRACEY COX: Sleeping with another woman was by far the most common. And it's one of the fantasies that had a higher success rate when women take it through to reality. People assume women sleep with other women because it's something men want them to do, but it's something a lot of women are open to anyway.
What is the most common fantasy that women would actually want to come true?
TC: Experimenting with another woman, followed closely by sleeping with a stranger. That was another strong theme. It's a myth that it's only men who want variety and new flesh. Women do, too. What stops us is we're more inclined to think things through - and if the relationship is good, lots of women decide the risk of following
ArchetypesThe new community site ArchetypeMe tailors content and products to individual personalities. As part of their new ArcheGuide on Bedroom Tips, we put together this summary of how your personality type relates to how you are in the bedroom...Read More »from The 10 Archetypes of Sex
1. Creative: They're not necessarily up for anything, but they will try new and unique ways to spice things up. Think: dramatic mood lighting, hand-sewn lingerie, homemade massage lotion, fun with chocolate sauce, and DIY sex toys. Read about seduction tips for the Creative here.
2. Rebel: These types are up for anything. You name it, they've probably tried it. Don't expect old-fashioned stereotypical gender roles to be played out in the bedroom. And know that they will discuss your co-minglings openly with their friends at brunch and on their blog. Read about seduction tips for the Rebel here.
3. Advocate: They'll join a self-love-a-thon for a cause, get naked in protest, and refuse to sleep with anyone who doesn't support reproductive rights
- EMandLO.com | Love + Sex – Tue, Jul 30, 2013 8:02 PM EDT
Brooks & Desiree on The BacheloretteOuch. We find Des to be a bit of a matzah bachelorette (flat and bland), but even we felt really, really bad for her last night. Getting dumped is hard, but it's at least twenty-five times harder when it's televised nationally. Brooks might as well just pushed her off that cliff. And what are the odds: you've got 25 potential suitors and you fall for the one that just isn't into you? Did Des used to kick puppies when she was little, because the universe does not want her to find romantic happiness. Well, maybe we can learn from her misfortune and Brook's missteps, so it's not all for naught:
- When dumping someone, be as clear as possible as quickly as possible. Sure, it may be difficult for you to spit it out, but making the dumpee wait and wait and wait for the knife is psychological torture (especially when they know it's coming, but they're still hoping this could just be your weird way of confessing your undying love).
- When you want to breakup with someone, do it outside in
Tracey CoxThe fabulous and funny Tracey Cox from the U.K. is one of our favorite sex writers out there. We're thrilled to present the following excerpt from her new book, Dare: What Happens When Fantasies Come True:Read More »from How Fantasizing Can Improve Your Sex Life
Think of your fantasies as a vibrator for the mind. There are a finite number of possible physical combinations of what we can do with our bodies, but our minds are limitless.
Your imagination is the single, most potent engine driving sexual desire. Tap into your imagination and you've turned on nature's built-in aphrodisiac. Fantasies are what keep sex fizzy when your sex life - or your partner - goes temporarily pear-shaped. They're what can make sex with someone we've slept with hundreds of times seem not only remotely appealing but exciting. One of the quickest ways to arouse yourself is to fantasize. Even better, fantasies are a form of foreplay we can access in an instant - anywhere, any time - because we carry them with us always.
Some fantasies are fleeting. Others start
I see you!Read More »from Top 5 Tips for Taking Saucy Pics Together
Shooting intimate photos together can be embarrassing and even terrifying, but it can also be an incredibly sexy and intimate experience. Plus, no matter how you feel about your shape, we're pretty sure that in thirty years you'll wish you had that body - and you'll be glad you captured it for posterity!
1. Only shoot saucy pics with someone you trust completely - if you wouldn't invite them home for the holidays, can you really trust them with compromising evidence? You can double-down on privacy by keeping your face out of the shot and/or shooting with mini instant camera (no negatives and no instant ability to "forward"). If you must send your partner a saucy pic of yourself, be sure to use an app like SnapChat that only displays the pic for a few seconds before self-combusting.
2. Full nudity is overrated - sometimes the sexier images happen when you leave a little to the imagination… leave on an item of clothing, or artfully drape a sheet, or coyly place an arm or hand in the