Did you or someone you know devour the Fifty Shades of Grey series but wish there'd been a little more guidance? Then we've got the perfect holiday gift for you! Our new book, 150 Shades of Play , is a helpful (and hilarious, if we do say so ourselves) illustrated A-to-Z guide to kink for beginners. It includes:
• How to's on role play, dirty talk, spanking, bondage & more
• Important safety info missing from the Fifty Shades trilogy
• A voyeuristic peek at all of Christian Grey's "hard limits"
• Tips on shopping for top-of-the-line kinky accoutrements
• Notes on what the Fifty series got wrong about BDSM
• Everything beginners need to know to get their kink on!
150 Shades of Play will make your Christian and Ana fantasies a reality - both safely and sensually! For more information about the book -- including excerpts, advance praise (from the likes of TIME's Joel Stein and sex educator icon Betty Dodson!), and cool moody photos thanks to LELO -- visit 150ShadesOfPlay.com. And to
Blog Posts by EMandLO.com
- EMandLO.com | Author Blog Posts – Fri, Dec 7, 2012 12:32 PM EST
Did you or someone you know devour the Fifty Shades of Grey series but wish there'd been a little more guidance? Then we've got the perfect holiday gift for you! Our new book, 150 Shades of Play , is a helpful (and hilarious, if we do say so ourselves) illustrated A-to-Z guide to kink for beginners. It includes:Read More »from The Perfect Holiday Gift for "Fifty" Fans: "150 Shades of Play"
- Read More »from What Turns a Hookup into a Girlfriend?
- EMandLO.com | Love + Sex – Tue, Nov 13, 2012 1:38 PM EST
What would you have told this guy?Read More »from What Do Men Wish They'd Known About Making Love when They Were Younger?
Advice from three of EMandLO.com's guy friends. This week they answer the following: "What do you wish you had known about making love when you were younger?" To ask the guys your own question, click here.
Playing games is only ok if a board is involvedRead More »from How Can You Tell If a Guy is Playing Games?
We get a lot of advice questions coming in at EMandLO.com, but sadly, we just can't answer them all. Which is why, once a week, we turn to you to decide how best to advise a reader. Make your call on the letter below by leaving your advice in the comments section.
Obama campaign logo.Thanks to a majority of American voters yesterday, we're moving forward in the 21st century, not backward to the 1950s. At 11:15pm last night, the champagne was poured and "We Are the Champions" played on the stereo! Here are just a few of the things we all won:
- The preservation of safe & legal abortion
- Marriage equality in four new states
- Contraception coverage from health insurance
- Lower abortion rates
- Equal pay for equal work
- The continued existence of Planned Parenthood
- The first openly gay person elected to Senate
- The most female Senators in the history of Congress
- A moratorium on old, white, anti-science, Republican dudes who think pregnancy from rape is a gift from God
- The acceptance that health and life of the mother ARE legitimate reasons for an abortion
Gay pride flag.Our friend Nathaniel Frank is the author of the book Unfriendly Fire: How the Gay Ban Undermines the Military and Weakens America. He was an expert witness in two Constitutional challenges to "don't ask, don't tell," whose success helped end the policy. Yesterday he spoke on the phone with the parents of his best friend about how they were planning on voting tomorrow; he was moved afterward to write this open letter to them:
Dear X & Y:
We go back a long time, to the beginning of my college years. I've known you over half my life, and you've become like another set of parents to me. I've enjoyed sparring with you over politics at Christmas dinner, and I respect that you, X, have been a proud Republican all your life (for reasons that I understand, even though I disagree with them) and that you, Y, have prided yourself on being an independent voter.
I realize there are many factors that shape our decisions about whom we think should lead our country. No one person will fullyRead More »from An Open Letter to the Parents of a Gay Adult
- EMandLO.com | Love + Sex – Tue, Oct 30, 2012 3:11 PM EDT
Big cheesy grinRead More »from What Makes a Woman Approachable?
Advice from three of EMandLO.com's guy friends. This week they answer the following: "If we're talking about guys making a move on a stranger, what makes someone approachable?" To ask the guys your own question, click here.
Single Straight Guy (Nick): There are a lot of things that are fairly universal in this area: smiling, laughing, being energetic, talking to other people who are around, making eye contact. Most dating and courtship studies show that men will typically only approach a woman if there is a moment where the two make lingering eye contact. On the other side of that, when men DO approach a woman when no eye contact has been made, or if the eye contact is fleeting, he will usually be shot down.
If there is a specific guy that you want to approach you, let him catch you looking. When he does catch you looking, don't look away, allow your eyes to lock for a moment. Chances are he'll come over and say hi.