Some days, it feels like I'm reliving my high school years. Jordan Catalano is still the hottest boy in school, plaid flannel shirts are on every rack, and dark purple lipstick is the color of the cool kids. So why not revisit another updated favorite from the mid-'90s? The Body Shop's iconic Body Butters were introduced in 1992, and the brand has just launched its latest limited-edition scent, Blueberry ($12, originally $20). Packed with the oil of 500 blueberries, this is some seriously moisturizing stuff - perfect for the Winter that just won't seem to end. And as we've come to expect from the Body Shop, it uses fair trade ingredients along with shea butter handcrafted by the Tungteiya Women's Shea Butter Association in Ghana, Africa. Now has anyone seen my Doc Martens around?Read More »from Just like Jared Leto, Another One of My '90s Favorites is Back
Blog Posts by POPSUGAR Beauty
- POPSUGAR Beauty | Beauty – Thu, Feb 6, 2014 12:40 AM ESTSource: Just Like Jared Leto, Another One of My '90s Favorites Is Back
- POPSUGAR Beauty | Beauty – Thu, Feb 6, 2014 12:36 AM ESTSource: Behold: A Year of Skin Care, Courtesy of Clarisonic
While I love, love my Clarisonic, making sure I'm always stocked with a clean brush head isn't always the easiest. So when I saw that the brand is now releasing four packs of its brush heads - specifically my new favorite Deep Pore Brush Head - in a value four pack ($75), I just about jumped for joy. The brush head works to chisel out all the gunk that's hidden deep in your pores, working to make them look more refined over time. After just a week of using this brush, my skin is smoother, my complexion clearer, and my reflection in the mirror a lot friendlier. And the four pack has its own perks. On each brush head, there are stickers that correspond with each month. Count three months from when you first use the brush head, peel off that month, and you'll know exactly when to swap. Basically, Clarisonic has made it easy for scatterbrains like me to keep up with a skin care regimen. And that's just good news for everyone.
POPSUGAR BeautySource: 5 Après-Ski Beauty Essentials
With Winter in full swing, celebs have been spotted out and about in furs, snow boots, and some gorgeous cool-weather beauty looks. Whether you're planning a weekend ski getaway or just braving the polar vortez, we've rounded up all the cold-weather essentials you need to stay hydrated from head to toe. Read on to make sure you're packing the right products for your next cold-weather jaunt.
- Josie Maran Argan Milk: The latest innovation from model-turned-beauty-guru Josie Maran is the Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment ($56). This creamy, argan-oil-infused serum isn't greasy (promise!), and it absorbs instantly to give you a dewy complexion and soothe postwindburned skin.
- Oribe Soft Dry Conditioner: When you're dealing with hat hair (and you will be!), you'll be reaching for dry shampoo to revive volume at your roots. We suggest you try Oribe's Soft Dry Conditioner ($35), which offers the benefits of a classic dry shampoo
- POPSUGAR Beauty | Beauty – Wed, Jan 29, 2014 7:56 PM ESTPOPSUGAR BeautySource: The Only Trick You Need to Ace the Orange Lip Trend
Unless you've been under a rock for most of award season, you've noticed that orange lipstick is having a serious moment. Not only did we spot it on the runways last Fashion Week, but celebrities have also taken to the hue.
"I love the orange lip trend that is happening on the red carpet and runways," says Katie Hughes, the global color ambassador for Butter London. "It is a bold color that is absolutely gorgeous on so many skin tones and is playful yet glamorous."
But before you claim that you absolutely cannot pull this shade off, take a step back. Orange is actually a very wearable color. "To find the most flattering shade for everyday use, find oranges that are less yellow and more red. The look will be less neon but just as impactful," Hughes explains. "My favorite is Butter London's Lippy Tinted Balm in Apricot Sunray ($20), and you can wear it over a red or orange lip liner for more impact." Hughes also suggestsRead More »from The Only Trick You Need to Ace the Orange Lip Trend
- POPSUGAR Beauty | Beauty – Wed, Jan 29, 2014 7:51 PM ESTPOPSUGAR BeautySource: 10 Beauty Apps That Will Instantly Make Your Life Easier
These days we do everything on the phone - find dates, read books, shop for clothes - but you have been truly missing out if you haven't downloaded these beauty apps. You can get your next blowout delivered before happy hour, find a local nail artist to bedazzle your manicure, or schedule when it's time to reapply sunscreen with a few simple taps. Browse our top 10 favorite mobile beauty tools, and don't forget to download our POPSUGAR app for free!
- StyleSeat: This beauty app was recommended by actress Sophia Bush. She uses StyleSeat (free) to schedule last-minute beauty treatments as she travels from city to city. Individual stylists and makeup artists post their profile and their availability to hook up with potential clients. Consider this your Match.com for meeting a new beauty pro.
- Lifebooker: A blowout for 50 percent off? Sign us up! Lifebooker (free) is the Groupon for beauty-lovers. This app will
- POPSUGAR Beauty | Beauty – Wed, Jan 29, 2014 7:38 PM ESTPOPSUGAR BeautySource: Show Yourself Some Serious Love With These Valentine's Day Gifts
Valentine's Day may be a holiday for couples, but not all of us are paired off. So what's a gal to do with all of that love? Spend it on yourself, of course! Ahead, we've got some of the best gifts to give yourself on Feb. 14. Scroll on and splurge!
- Trish McEvoy Sexy #9 Fragrance: Even if you don't plan on seducing anyone, you'll welcome Trish McEvoy Sexy #9 Fragrance ($98), which incorporates notes of blackberry and vanilla musk, lilies, patchouli, and amber.
- Sephora Deluxe Manicure Kit: Sephora's Deluxe Manicure Kit ($30) allows you to give yourself pretty paws at home.
- Lipstick Queen Velvet Rope Lipstick: A swipe of Lipstick Queen Velvet Rope Lipstick in Private Party ($50) will bring you from blah to beautiful.
- GHD Jewel Collection: Add some bling to your hair routine with GHD's Jewel Collection ($235), which includes a jewel-toned brush and flat iron.
- Library of Flowers Bubble Bath: A
- Source: 3 Simple Steps to Stronger, Healthier Hair
Having a better head of hair in the New Year is a lot easier to achieve than you think. Make a promise to yourself (and your hair) to follow these three easy steps to healthier strands. So put down those hotter-than-hot heating tools and resolve to have the hair of your dreams with these three simple tips.
1. Turn down the heat. You already know that heat styling causes split ends, breakage, and frizz, so do your hair a favor and turn down that dial on your curling iron, flat iron, and blow dryer. If you really want to make a dramatic change, Coolway has a whole line of styling products that work on even the most coarse hair . . . without going over 300 degrees.
2. Air-dry your hair. On the topic of heat styling, why not lessen the amount of time under the dryer by letting your hair air-dry first? This way you can still get that heat-styled look without spending nearly as much time, all while reducing potential damage. It's aRead More »from 3 Simple Steps to Stronger, Healthier Hair
- Source: Learn How to Shape and Fill Your Brows Like a Pro
You tweeze them, get them waxed, or even threaded, but do you also fill in your brows? This simple step is often overlooked, but whether you have on a full face of makeup or just a touch of foundation, well-groomed brows are the key to a flawless look. MAC senior artist Luc Bouchard shares the tricks for achieving perfectly groomed brows with a naturally flattering result. Plus, check out our downloadable cheat sheet.
- Brush Them: Before you start doing anything, Bouchard recommends brushing everything out first so that you're working with your natural shape.
- Find the Right Shade: Next, Bouchard says to evaluate how much color you need. He likes to generally go a shade lighter than the natural color of your brows. "This way it creates a shadow under the hair," he explains. His product of choice is the MAC Veluxe Brow Liner ($20) because it's a pencil that turns to powder for a more natural effect.
More fromRead More »from Learn How to Shape and Fill Your Brows like a Pro
- POPSUGAR Beauty | Beauty – Fri, Jan 17, 2014 2:13 PM ESTPOPSUGAR BeautySource: Everything You Need to Know to Find Your Perfect Hairbrush
It's easy to get overwhelmed when you're standing in the hairbrush aisle of your favorite beauty store. With so many shapes and sizes, how can you be sure that you're using the right one for your hair type or style? To help make sense of it all, we've broken down the type of brushes for every use and hair type out there - even curly girls! Keep scrolling to meet your hairbrush match and to figure out whether or not it's really worth shelling out the dough for that Mason Pearson brush.
- For the Perfect Part . . .: Whether you want a center, side, or zigzag part, reach for a plastic rat-tail comb. Not only does that pointed end help you achieve the most precise line possible, but the thin teeth also help smooth strands down so that you don't have flyaways around your crown. Consider this your elegant updo savior.
- For Fine Hair or Brushing Wet . . .: The Wet Brush ($9) is actually great for a couple of reasons:
- POPSUGAR Beauty | Beauty – Wed, Dec 18, 2013 6:47 PM ESTPOPSUGAR BeautySource: The Treatments You Need to Get Before You Go Home Next Week
You've got one week before you head home for Christmas, and it's time to start mentally preparing yourself. We can already hear your mom's voice nitpicking about your unruly roots and chipped nails, so we've got your beauty checklist for a holiday spent with the family. You'll look your best, which will hopefully minimize the stress of the whole holiday season . . . but we don't make any promises.
- Day 7: See your stylist. Ratty ends, obvious roots, and all-around dull hair will definitely hit your mother's sore spot. So, make it a point to schedule an appointment with your hairstylist before you go. A root touch-up and trim are required before you reunite with your long-lost cousins (you have to win the favorite grandchild award after all). In a pinch, seek out a full-strength hair mask like Alterna Caviar Repair Microbead Fill and Fix Hair Treatment ($42).
- Day 6: Start your whitening regimen. It's going to