Source: What We're Sweet On: A Matte Foundation That Doesn't Fall Flat
Fall and matte foundation go hand in hand, but shine-free makeup can often fall a little flat. Not so with the new Jouer Cosmetics Matte Moisture Tint ($38). The lightweight base goes on smoothly and evenly just like a tinted moisturizer, but stays put and puddle-free just like a matte foundation does. This means you get buildable, noncakey coverage with a semisatin finish. Vitamins A, C, and E give a boost of antioxidant protection, too. So say goodbye to shiny T-zones, and save the matte complexion look for your Bella Cullen costume this Halloween.
What We're Sweet On: A Curl Cream That Doubles as Perfume
3 Ways to Update a Classic Red Lip Look For Fall
3 Quick and Easy Steps For Filling in Too-Sparse Brows
Follow BellaSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of Bella Sugar on Facebook
Blog Posts by POPSUGAR Beauty
- POPSUGAR Beauty | Beauty – Thu, Oct 4, 2012 4:51 PM EDT
Source: What We're Sweet On: A Matte Foundation That Doesn't Fall FlatRead More »from What We're Sweet On: A Matte Foundation that Doesn't Fall Flat
Source: A No-Makeup Look For Women With Medium Skin Tones
Creating a neutral makeup look for medium skin can be a little tricky because it's necessary to play with color combinations. Unlike fair skin, which can wear a bevy of light colors and still look natural, what may work for one woman with medium tone may not work for another. Dusty pinks and bronzes will be your go-to hues if you have medium or olive skin tone:
- Grab a concealer with a yellow tint to neutralize blemishes and use it only where it's needed. Set with a powder a shade lighter than your skin color.
- Blush will look a little obvious on medium tones, so opt for bronzer instead. Sweep it along your hairline, under your cheekbones, and along your jawline.
- Swipe on an eye shadow with a light bronze color. Line your upper waterline, curl your eyelashes, and apply just one coat of mascara.
- A dusty rose lipstick will look best paired with medium tones. Dab some on, focusing on the fullest part of your lip.
Related Read More »from A No-Makeup Look for Women with Medium Skin Tones
- POPSUGAR Beauty | Beauty – Wed, Sep 26, 2012 7:24 PM EDT
Source: Spotted: Shimmery Blue Eye Makeup at the Emmy AwardsRead More »from Spotted: Shimmery Blue Eye Makeup at the Emmy Awards
The Spring 2013 blue eye shadow trend from the NYFW runways made its big red-carpet debut at the 2012 Emmy Awards. To translate this bright look for Fall, try a daring cobalt like January Jones, or opt for a more tame touch of turquoise, à la Leslie Mann and Nicole Kidman.
Get January's high-fashion look with Chanel D'Ombre Eye Shadow in Apparition ($36), a dark denim shade, applied from the lash line to the crease, adding an upswept stroke on the corners. Copy Leslie's turquoise accent with Lancôme Gel Eyeliner Dress-Up Teal ($25), followed by a coppery shimmer on the lid. And to achieve Nicole's chic and classy style, use a black liner on the upper lash line and sky-blue liner on the lower lash line, Chanel Waterproof Eyeliner in Jade ($30). It's clear for these leading ladies Spring has come early, and it's all about those baby blues . . . shadow shades, that is.
Zoom in on the Emmys Hair and Makeup
- POPSUGAR Beauty | Beauty – Wed, Sep 26, 2012 7:21 PM EDT
Source: Dermatologist-Approved Skin Care Tips For Hands and FeetRead More »from Dermatologist-Approved Skin Care Tips for Hands and Feet
Your hands and feet are arguably the most important of all body parts, yet we often forget to give them the TLC they deserve. But when armed (or legged, perhaps?) with these dermatologist-approved skin care tips, your digits will never feel neglected again.
Hands: Despite the myth that petroleum jelly can clog pores, it is one of the best moisturizers around for chapped knuckles and dried cuticles. "While I'm cooking, I take a bit of Vaseline ($4 to $7) on my cuticles and cover them with Saran wrap so I can still work," explains La Roche-Posay dermatologist Dr. Kavita Mariwalla. You can even use Vaseline on open wounds, so it's safe to use on cuts and scrapes around the nail bed, too.
Feet: "Once a month at night, I use AmLactin ($10) or Lac-Hydrin Five ($12) on my heels," says Mariwalla. "In the morning, it feels slick, but that's because it gets rid of all the dead skin." In terms of physical exfoliants, Mariwalla
Source: 3 Cool Hairstyles to Wear Under a Hat
Crisper temperatures mean that it's time to dig your favorite caps out from the back of the closet. While everyone loves a good slouchy beanie on a cold day, the crux is that it can create a conundrum for your hair. Chapeau champions, fear no more. You don't have to sacrifice your favorite hat for your hairstyle; get three hairstyling ideas for making your hat part of your look when you keep reading.
Hair That Works With Your Cap
- Fishtail braid: Whether it's a fedora or a beret, it's cute enough to leave on all day so you need a style that works with it. A fishtail braid like Blake Lively wore is a cooler twist on a normal plait, and looks great peeking out from under your millinery of choice.
- Chic chignon: For a more polished take, stick to a chignon like America Ferrera, whose side-swept updo would pair well with a slouchy hat.
- Twisted fringe: To add a little personality (and to keep your bangs from flattening under the
Source: Could a Virus Kill Off Acne For Good?Read More »from Could a Virus Kill Off Acne for Good?
It's said that two wrongs don't make a right, but a new study found that one virus could possibly wipe out the bacteria that causes acne. That's a win-win situation. Today the online journal mBio released research that isolated P. acnes bacteriophages from the noses of 11 volunteers. This virus has the potential to kill the breakout-causing bacteria P. acnes.
"Phages are programmed to target and kill specific bacteria, so P. acnes phages will attack only P. acnes bacteria but not others," lead study author Laura Merinelli told Medical Daily. "This trait suggests that they offer strong potential for targeted therapeutic use."
This discovery comes at a time when P. acnes is becoming immune to certain lab-made antibiotics. Even better, phages already exist on the human body naturally. Soon you could pick up a phage-filled cream that will treat zits without side effects. Researchers are also working with an enzyme, endolysin, within the
- POPSUGAR Beauty | Beauty – Wed, Sep 26, 2012 7:13 PM EDT
Source: Get Elizabeth Banks's Faux Bob Hairstyle in 5 Quick Steps
Elizabeth Banks pulled a perfect 10 at the premiere for Pitch Perfect last night. Sporting a perfectly tousled faux bob, Elizabeth proved that playing around with your hair length is a fun and stylish way to experiment with your look. Pair this coquettish style with a smoldering smoky eye for a bit of sweet-meets-sexy, and get the complete hair how-to when you read more.
- Suave Professionals celebrity stylist Jenny Cho started by applying the brand's Captivating Curls Mousse ($3) to Elizabeth's hair before diffusing and drying.
- She then curled her hair with a medium-size iron, alternating the direction of the curls with each section.
- To create the faux bob, Cho divided a two-inch portion of hair at the nape of Elizabeth's neck and pinned the rest up. After a quick mist of Lightweight Hold Hair Spray ($4), Cho teased the hair and then let down another two-inch section, continuing the process up to the top of the
- POPSUGAR Beauty | Beauty – Wed, Sep 26, 2012 7:11 PM EDT
Source: What We're Sweet On: A Curl Cream That Doubles as PerfumeRead More »from What We're Sweet On: A Curl Cream that Doubles as Perfume
Curly-haired women know: hydration is the key to achieving defined ringlets and waves. Let Moroccanoil's intensely conditioning and frizz-reducing Curl Defining Cream ($32) be your hair's secret weapon. While you can apply this product on wet hair with a diffuser, another way to use this argan oil-rich product is to refresh second-day strands. For thicker hair, try twirling it into individual curls after spritzing with water. And for waves, scrunch the cream in with your fingers, resetting your style with a diffuser. A little bit goes a long way with this cream, but if you use too much, spray hair with water to avoid a weighed-down finish. If you have a sensitive nose, this floral-scented cream might not be for you. But fragrance lovers will find that thanks to its high-sillage effects, this scented cream might even replace their perfume.
What We're Sweet On: Hairstyles That Last and Last
Source: 3 Styles to Stave Off Hat Hair for Good
Although there are a bevy of adorable hats in the world, you don't necessarily want to wear them round-the-clock. So what do you do when the temperature calls for a cap, but you don't want to work it into your overall look? Matted, creased hair, you've officially met your match. Get three strand-staving styles that show hat hair who's boss when you keep reading.
Styles to Stave Off Hat Hair
- Elegant updo: A French twist like Rachel McAdams (left) wore to the Toronto International Film Festival works in two ways: you can slip your hat off once you reach your final destination and keep the twist intact, or you can unravel it and add volume with your fingers for tousled waves.
- High-volume sweep: Naya Rivera's swept-back style has no part and loads of volume, and both help keep hat hair at bay.
- Twice the texture: A two-textured hairstyle like Mindy Kaling works because you're preflattening the hair that your hat is covering,
- POPSUGAR Beauty | Beauty – Thu, Sep 20, 2012 4:06 PM EDT
Source: 3 Quick and Easy Steps For Filling in Too-Sparse Brows
Overwaxing and overtweezing has happened to the best of us, but with the right techniques, filling in too-sparse brows is a snap. To get tips on how to quickly and easily plump up and shape eyebrows for natural-looking results, just keep reading.
- Grab an eyebrow pen or eyeliner in a shade lighter than your natural hair. The trick to brows that look gamine and not garish is to use a light touch while filling them in. Starting on the bottom portion of your brows, apply the color in short, quick, flicking motions, following the natural curve of your brow bone as a guide. MAC Eye Brows ($15) is an easy-to-handle filler that will give your brows a boost of confidence.
- Next, fill in the thin spots along the inner part of your brow, keeping your strokes short and slight. Avoid applying color to the upper part of your brow, however: it may make them seem overemphasized and fake.
- Once you're satisfied with your new and