Source: 5 Tips For Getting the Bold Brow Trend
Over the past few seasons, bigger, bolder eyebrows have been growing in popularity. While we'll save the more outrageous looks for on the runways - Chanel's jewel-encrusted strips or the foiled follicles at Fendi - if you are looking to try the full and filled brow trend at home, be sure to follow these essential grooming tips.
1. Grow them thick: To get the full look, first you need to grow out overwaxed or overtweezed brows. Malynda Vigliotti of the Boom Boom Brow Bar in New York City recommends applying castor oil every night to help hair growth.
2. Shape them up: To groom, choose tweezing or threading over wax so that you can remove one strand at a time as opposed to several. First, fill in brows into the shape that you like. Then tweeze any hairs outside your outline. Tip: The best place to do your grooming is outside in natural sunlight so that even the tiniest hairs are easier to see.
3. Pencil me in: Pencil and powder are two
Blog Posts by BellaSugar
Source: 5 Tips For Getting the Bold Brow TrendRead More »from 5 Tips for Getting the Bold Brow Trend
Source: 5 Tips For Happier Hair NowRead More »from 5 Tips for Happier Hair Now
In life, there are very few quick fixes, and even less so with hair, which can be notoriously prone to damage and breakage. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to get your hair looking and feeling better right away. Check out five easy solutions below.
1. Throw in the towel Towels are great for absorbing moisture, but they can be a little too effective when it comes to delicate strands. Instead of the towel you use on your body, wrap your hair up in an old t-shirt. It will still soak up excess moisture, but it won't leave your hair dehydrated.
2. Get boared Boar bristle brushes may seem old-fashioned, but they're a gentle solution for keeping hair in check. They make hair look shinier because they help evenly distribute oil from root to tip, and they're especially wonderful for damaged strands that need a milder touch.
3. Go to the plait Braiding isn't just fashionable, it's also an unexpected way to protect your hair while sleeping.
Source: Cheryl Burke Talks DWTS, Tans, and MoreRead More »from Cheryl Burke Talks DWTS, Tans, and More
Anyone who watches Dancing With The Stars knows how easily Cheryl Burke moves around a ballroom. This season, she's done the salsa, Argentine tango, cha-cha-cha, and more with hunky Cuban actor William Levy. In between tapings, the dancer and Veet spokeswoman revealed what it takes to get ready before and after she hits the floor. "When I'm not performing, I keep it simple," she says of her beauty regimen. Here, she shares her beauty routine on- and off-camera.
BellaSugar: What's it like to get ready before Dancing With the Stars?
The ballroom look is pretty intense, but we have an unbelievable team. I usually spend about four hours in hair and makeup - covering everything from tanning to fake lashes to nails - before I even get started on wardrobe.
BS: Dancing With the Stars is known for featuring shimmering airbrush tans. Do you have any tips or tricks for looking fresh in-between applications, when they tend to get blotchy?
BellaSugarSource: 5 Stars Who Have Proudly Gone Makeup-Free
Sure, the paparazzi get lots of snaps of stars coming and going from the gym sans makeup. And while it can be understandably irksome to have one's photo taken at an inopportune time, certain celebrities have shared their no-makeup looks with pride. See five women who have dared to go bare.
Follow BellaSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of Bella Sugar on FacebookRead More »from 5 Stars Who Have Proudly Gone Makeup-Free
- BellaSugar | Beauty on Shine – Tue, Apr 10, 2012 7:19 PM EDT
BellaSugarSource: 5 Extremely Haute Designer Nail Polish Collaborations
If you love the gorgeous Prabal Gurung gown here, you're going to be ecstatic about the designer's copycat Sally Hansen nail wraps. 'Tis the season of beauty collaborations, and if Gurung isn't to your taste, a slew of well-loved designers have decided to put their dukes up (in the friendliest way possible) with nail polish brands of late.
Right now, everyone from Betsey Johnson and Kate Spade to Thakoon is launching a nail line of some sort. Want to get a glimpse at the goods? Here are our top five most covetable new collections.
- Betsey Johnson: It was kismet: Betsey Johnson and Sephora by OPI are just about perfect for one another. Ms. Johnson's collaboration is out now and features seven polishes, including It's My Pink! ($10, at left), which is scented with Johnson's most recent fragrance, Too Too.
- Kate Spade: Kate Spade teamed up with Lipstick Queen impresario Poppy King to create this limited-edition
- BellaSugar | Natural Style – Tue, Apr 10, 2012 7:12 PM EDT
BellaSugarSource: Earth Day Everyday: 10 Green Product Lines to Watch
April is Earth Month, but in the world of beauty, going natural is a big deal everyday. Organic beauty has gone from being a concern for co-op shoppin' hippie chicks to being front and center, and there are new brands purporting to be "all-natural" popping up daily. These 10 lines each have their own appeal, from USDA-certified ingredients to fair trade sources and low carbon footprints. Check them out and get a little greener.
- Suntegrity: When it comes to our everyday skin care routine, Suntegrity is one of the foundations. Their sunscreen smells like freshly squeezed tangerine juice, and it's incredibly gentle. It's a physical sunscreen, made with 20 percent zinc oxide, so you get broad-spectrum protection. Plus, it's also packed with goodies like aloe juice and cucumber extract.
- Tay: We love Tay's awesome bamboo packaging, and the stuff inside the bottles is pretty great, too. Try the Botanical Water ($28) for
Source: 5 Ways to Look Even Better on InstagramRead More »from 5 Ways to Look Even Better on Instagram
Instagram is a whole new world of picture taking (at least for anyone who wasn't already using Hipstamatic). Between the filters, the Gaussian blur, and the "creative" photo angles using a phone produces, getting a reasonably flattering picture can seem like a challenge. Fortunately, there are a few easy, smart ways to make Instagram's interface work in your favor. So in honor of Facebook acquiring the photo-sharing app, check out five simple ways to get better Instagram results.
1. Choose your filters wisely Did you know that differently colored lights can make your skin tone and hair appear prettier? It's the reason soft, pink sunsets and candlelight are both known for their beauty-boosting prowess. The same holds true for Instagram filters. While you may like the low-fidelity look of the Lomo-fi filter, the orange-brown color distortion can make everything from under-eye bags to blemishes stand out. Instead, stick with a filter that
BellaSugarSource: Mad Men-Inspired Beauty Looks to Try Right Now
After a 17-month hiatus, Mad Men makes a much-anticipated return this Sunday. But before we head back to the well-decorated halls of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce, let's take a look at the well-decorated hairstyles (and faces) of the women of Mad Men, along with a few ideas on how you can re-create these glamorous looks yourself. Check out more Mad Men-inspired beauty looks here.
Follow BellaSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of Bella Sugar on FacebookRead More »from Mad Men-Inspired Beauty Looks to Try Right Now
- BellaSugar | Beauty on Shine – Mon, Mar 26, 2012 6:15 PM EDT
Source: See All the Details of Effie Trinket's Out-There Nail ArtRead More »from See All the Details of Effie Trinket's Out-There Nail Art
While Jennifer Lawrence's The Hunger Games character, Katniss Everdeen, may have a functional, low-key look for the flick, it was Elizabeth Banks (as Effie Trinket) who got to have all the hair, makeup, and nail polish fun. "While on the set of filming The Hunger Games I took a few photos (actually, a lot)," Elizabeth revealed on her website. "The Effie makeup and fashion was just so intricate and detailed that I had to take photos to remember all the bits and pieces."
One day in particular, Elizabeth snapped a few shots of Effie's rather impressive nail art. While it's not something you can technically achieve with China Glaze's Hunger Games nail polish collection, some opaque blue nail polish and a trip to the craft store are all you need to get Effie-style digits.
Try This Creative Take on the Classic French Manicure
15 Awesome Manicure Ideas to Try This Summer
The Hunger Games Popularity Contest:
- BellaSugar | Beauty on Shine – Mon, Mar 26, 2012 6:07 PM EDT
Source: It's Electric: Blue Hair Is Having a Moment in the FunRead More »from It's Electric: Blue Hair is Having a Moment in the Fun
No longer does the term "blue hair" conjure images of older ladies with hair set and sprayed to helmet-head proportions. Instead, the blue-haired look of 2012 takes a fresh, youthful approach, as certain stars have demonstrated as of late. Most recently, Jaime King debuted a bevy of blue strands, alternating in color from baby-hued to royal. Then there's Katy Perry, who has displayed just about every shade of blue in hairstyles ranging from crimped ponytails to blunt bobs. In addition, Selena Gomez got in on the trend earlier this year with electric blue and purple strands woven underneath.
Even celebrity kids, such as Zahara Jolie-Pitt and Coco Arquette, have had fun with the look. And while blue may be on a streak now, plenty of other celebrities have exhibited sapphire strands in the past - Lauren Conrad, Bai Ling, Juliette Lewis, Kate Bosworth, Kelis, Selma Blair, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Gwen Stefani - so don't expect