I first wrote about the Huangs' arrest and charges, "Jailed Because Of Their Transracial Adoption?", in August. On January 15, 2013, Matt and Grace's adopted daughter, Gloria, died suddenly for reasons unknown.The next day, Matt and Grace were jailed in Doha, Qatar and charged with her murder. The mind-bending nature of this case for many Americans includes accusations in investigative reports that suggest Matthew and Grace "bought" their children in order to harvest their organs, or perhaps to perform medical experiments on them. Adoption is a very American thing to do. In fact, I once heard that there are moreRead More »from Couple Released from Qatar Custody to Await Trial for the Murder of Their Adopted Daughter
Blog Posts by Babble.com
- Babble.com | Parenting – Mon, Nov 18, 2013 1:32 PM ESTUnjustly accused?Adoptive parents Matt and Grace Huang have been temporarily released from Qatari custody while they await trial for the murder of their 8-year-old African daughter. Matt and Grace were released from jail, but they must stay in the country until the case is tried. A verdict is expected in December.
Being in the NYC museum field for so long, I got very used to wearing a lot of black. It wasn't until recently that I decided it was OK to wear color. However, I still play it very safe and typically stick to dark jewel tones. As much as I love pastels and light colors, it really does not suit me. And when it comes to a coat, I love a very tailored, classic fit. If you're like me and melt when you see a luxurious deep blue scarf or love the look of a classic trench coat, here's a list of chic wool winter coats in amazing shades and hues - rich reds, deep blues, emeralds, and purples. Click through for 7 chic, bold winter coats in must-have colors! -By Rachel MatosRead More »from 7 Chic, Bold Winter Coats in Must-Have Colors
MORE ON BABBLE
What you should buy at Forever 21 RIGHT NOW
13 fashion trends we wish would disappear
10 items you can wear from your man's closet
- Babble.com | Healthy Living – Mon, Nov 18, 2013 1:29 PM EST
The holiday season not only brings out the best in people and the best gifts, but the best food … and a ton of it. Between your kids' leftover Halloween candy that's tempting you to no end, the stress of planning for all the upcoming holiday celebrations, and all the food that's sure to make an appearance at said holiday celebrations, sticking to your health and fitness regimen can be tough this time of year. Tough - but not impossible - as there are helpful gadgets, sites, and apps that can help you stay the course. So if you're looking to control your current health and fitness regimen, or want to get a jump start on your New Year's health goals. Click through for 7 genius tech products to keep your holiday pounds off! -By Terrance GainesRead More »from 7 Genius Tech Products to Keep Your Holiday Pounds Off
MORE ON BABBLE
7 awesome fitness apps to get you in shape
10 fat-burning exercises you can do anywhere
10 health sins you're committing without knowing it
- Babble.com | Holiday Gift Guide – Mon, Nov 18, 2013 1:12 PM ESTThe holidays are fast approaching, and I've got my mind on one of my favorite activities … shopping! Being a makeup lover, I practically drool over all holiday gift sets. Since most of them are limited edition, it's best to pick them up early in the season. If there is a makeup lover on your list, you can't go wrong with any of these lust-worthy gifts. On the other hand, you may want to add some of these to your own wish list! Click through the slideshow for 7 spectacular makeup gifts to give or get. - By Sonya Lee BenhamRead More »from 7 Awesome Makeup Gift Sets to Give This Holiday Season
- Babble.com | Shine Food – Mon, Nov 18, 2013 1:05 PM ESTI love stuffed peppers. The funny thing is, I didn't grow up eating them. My mom hated stuffed peppers as a kid and never made them when I was growing up. I didn't even have my first stuffed pepper until well into my 20′s! But, no matter, I can make up for those lost years now by stuffing myself silly whenever I sit down to a meal of stuffed peppers. Please note, I am not exaggerating. If there are stuffed peppers around, I STUFF MYSELF SILLY. These 7 stuffed pepper recipes are sure to make that problem worse! - By Jane Maynard Read More »from Spice Up Your Life: 7 Unique Stuffed Pepper Recipes
- Babble.com | Shine Food – Mon, Nov 18, 2013 1:01 PM ESTThe beginning of November is my time to start planning my Thanksgiving menu. This year I'm vowing to get a little more creative in the kitchen and break with tradition just a bit. I'm fairly certain that we'll always roast a turkey, but sometimes we also like add alternative Thanksgiving meat recipes to our feast. Heavy or light, red meat or fish, I love the variety another meat can bring. Other meat dishes can also set off the turkey beautifully. Whether you're skipping the Thanksgiving turkey or just looking to add unique flavors, here are 7 turkey alternatives for your Thanksgiving dinner. - By Elizabeth Stark and Brian Campbell Read More »from Go Cold Turkey: 7 Alternative Meat Recipes for Thanksgiving
- Babble.com | Parenting – Mon, Nov 18, 2013 12:03 PM EST
It's Movember, people! What is Movember? It's an annual movement to "change the face" of men's health. Men, individually or in groups, grow 'staches to raise awareness and money for various men's health issues, such as prostate and testicular cancer. This tradition has been around for a few years. Last year, Nick Offermen filmed this hilarious video about how to grow a great mustache for Movember. And this website is chock full of info if you or your workplace want to get a Movember movement going. I'm not a huge fan of facial hair, so this is the only time of year I actually hope to see something furry on a man's face. Don't get me wrong -- I do love a good mustache motif. My baby has a fantastic mustache onesie, which made me think: why should only grown men get in on the Movember action? Click through for 7 items your baby can rock this Movember with his or her own mustache apparel! -By Claire GossRead More »from Happy Movember! 7 Hilarious Mustache-Themed Looks for Baby
- Babble.com | Love + Sex – Mon, Nov 18, 2013 12:01 PM EST
If I were to describe my perfect date with my husband, it would include a takeout order of gluten-free Pad Thai, kids asleep in their rooms, a nice candle burning in our bedroom, and us cuddled in bed watching a movie. Our tastes in movies don't always line up, as he's more of a Disney Pixar "Monster's University" type of guy and I'd rather spend my evening watching something like "G.I Joe: Retaliation." Sounds weird and maybe backwards, but this literally happened last night as we ate our take-out and watched Mike and Sully first then spent time with Roadblock and Storm Shadow. Not exactly the best setting for romance, but like I've said before, we're not really a "romantic" couple. We do love the occasional sappy "chick-flick" though, and I think watching a movie in this category can be a wonderful thing, once in a while, for a relationship. Movies take us to places we've not been, open our eyes to new experiences, and can breath some new life into our own lives. If you're lookingRead More »from 10 Movies All Couples in Love Should Watch Together
- Why We Need More Role Models Like Jennifer Lawrence
Lets hear it for Jennifer Lawrence! While in the UK this week to promote her latest film in the Hunger Games trilogy, Catching Fire, Jennifer spoke to BBC's Newsnight about the sexualization of women in her industry.
When asked about examples set by such artists as Miley Cyrus, she replied: "It is a part of the entertainment industry that sells. Sex sells, and for some disgusting reason young sex sells even more."
Whilst she refused to name or shame any famous women, she did state: "For some people, that's how they feel best, that's how they feel sexy." She continued that as long as she stars in movies that appeal to young girls, she will "make conscious decisions" to set a good example. She said that she hoped her role as Katniss Everdeen -- the ultimate heroine in teen films -- encourages young women to value strength of character over appearance.
The 23-year-old Oscar winner said: "Growing up I didn't have a female hero the way that Katniss is, and I think she's aRead More »from Why We Need More Actresses like Jennifer Lawrence
As married folks, we realize that there is power in the words that we speak to our spouses. Through our words, we have the ability to uplift, encourage and motivate our spouse or tear them down and discourage them. The way we speak to one another can oftentimes define our marriages and determine whether we are happy long-term, or when problems arise. The specific words and phrases that we choose can have a big impact, even those we use every day without thinking. Click through for 7 things every married person wants to hear! -By Ronnie Tyler
MORE ON BABBLE
Read More »from 7 Things Every Married Person Wants to Hear